by rottenmeier

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] No option to turn up the kicked Trashcan

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? a sim kicked over the trashcan (the one from sulani), there is no option to fix that, turn up the trashcan.
What do you expect to see? a) an option to turn up the trashcan or b) sim's not able to kick over trashcans which don't have the option to pull them up, because they are supposed to be fixated(?)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

a sim kicked over the trashcan (the one from sulani see picture), there is no option to fix that or turn up the trashcan (other trahcans have this option i think).

i expect
a) an option to turn up the trashcan
or b) sims not able to kick over trashcans which don't have the option to pull them up, because they are supposed to be fixated(?)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 37 (14,757 Views)

Re: No option to turn up the kicked Trashcan

Hero
@rottenmeier Is that your lot or a community lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (14,710 Views)

★ Guide

it was on my lot. (i did not see who did it)

Message 3 of 37 (14,698 Views)

Outdoor trash bins get kicked over but can't be picked up

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a trash can outside.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims will kick over outdoor trash bins. Not all trash bins can be set upright and therefore have to be deleted because sims can't upright them.
What do you expect to see? Stop kicking over bins that can't be picked up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been an issue for awhile but I did a search and couldn't locate a thread, please merge if I missed it. Random sims come to the lot and kick over trash bins all the time. I use the outdoor more park style bins on many lots and my sims are unable to pick the bin up again after it's been kicked. These used to not be kicked over which is why I began using them in the first place.

My only mod is MCCC.

Message 4 of 37 (14,684 Views)

Re: Outdoor trash bins get kicked over but can't be picked up

★ Guide

I had this happen to me, I just went in to build mode and moved the can, then it defalulted back to the upright position

Message 5 of 37 (14,636 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Reekyteek When I tried that it didn't recognize the bin in game as useable by the sims. And we shouldn't have to go into buy mode to upright the bin.
Message 6 of 37 (14,623 Views)

★★★ Guide

Screencap of a totally different style bin on a different lot that was knocked over and can't be set upright again.

Message 7 of 37 (14,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

A ghost came to my lot and kicked my trash can over. I couldn't turn it back up, so I needed to sell it and buy a new one. I was playing in the vampire neighborhood living on the Widow -lot (don't know the English name for it but the maxis premade small house) which I had turned into haunted house.

All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio, Luxury party and Journey to Batuu

v. 1.70.84.1020

Message 8 of 37 (14,592 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 37 (14,480 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] No option to turn up the kicked Trashcan

★ Guide

Basically, the bug is that trash cans that aren't supposed to be able to be knocked over suddenly are. Because they are supposed to be unknockable, there is no option to right them up again. It's not a question of allowing us to pick up a knocked over trash can, but rather to fix the trash cans that are "stable" so sims can't knock them over anymore.

Message 10 of 37 (14,201 Views)