Original Post

Re: No option to harvest garden plants since new kits

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict 1.71.86.1020
Message 11 of 33 (2,003 Views)

Hero
@FoxieEyre Thanks.

Looks like this is yet another gardening issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 33 (1,985 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I told you that 2 days ago LOL
Message 13 of 33 (1,976 Views)

Hero
@FoxieEyre Just wanted to make sure it's not something we already have

There's like a million gardening issues. I do think we probably have a thread somewhere already though but I ain't going to go search for it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 33 (1,967 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I was just being a brat, lol. Is all good.
Message 15 of 33 (1,962 Views)

Re: No option to harvest garden plants

★★★ Guide

I'm  experiencing this also. On Mac, no mods/cc, all released content installed except JtB, fully patched as in 12/3/2. 

Tried to travel, change households, reset plants etc. Nothing is helping. I can see the harvestables but can't harvest.

I'm lqso experiencing graphic glitches where the golden little sprinkles you see around wild plants is randomly around all kinds of objects (beds, trash cans, what ever comes to mind) and another one where hovering over a plant etc, it shows my sims beds info (as in assigned to.. instead of the actual info box I should be seeing), dunno if this is connected?

Message 16 of 33 (1,941 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

As discussed, I started a new file after downloading that sim from my library again; still unable to harvest plants. Exit to main menu; create a brand-spankin-new sim and put them in a brand new world... still no harvest. More than enough dust bunnies, though, despite the fact that I have disabled the effects of BtD for the time being. I've done everything I can, up to and including uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Something in those kits... and I'm gonna guess it's the BtD kit... has bugged hard.

Message 17 of 33 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Confirmed. I uninstalled everything again, and then reinstalled everything EXCEPT BtD - I now have the ability to harvest.

Message 18 of 33 (5,902 Views)

★ Pro

@FoxieEyre  When you were testing before your last uninstall/reinstall, did you ever remove mods folder; delete localthumbcache; repair and then enable the dust effects again before playing? I'm asking because I have the kit installed and I'm not having any issues with harvesting in my save. I would disable the effects to see if this created a problem with the harvest option but one of the household sims has the new Perfectly Pristine aspiration, as well as having another household member enrolled in a university. Don't want the save to go south on me at this stage so I thought I would just ask you instead. I'm wondering if it was the disabling of the dust-related effects that created the issue of the harvest option not appearing for you, or, if this is one of those bugs that affects some simmers and not others.

BTW, glad you have your game working okay now,  You must be relieved Standard smile

Message 19 of 33 (1,855 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did indeed completely remove the mod folder, clean the cache, and toggle the BtD effects on and off several times before uninstalling and reinstalling the first time. I also tried other lots, traveling, playing a different household, etc. 

I dont see this as the prevailing bug, since it didn't effect everyone. But if I learned anything from my mom beta testing for Nintendo back in the day, it's that a bug is a bug and if one person uncovered it, others will too.

Message 20 of 33 (1,821 Views)