Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] No option to harvest garden plants

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know?
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim can still collect soy wax, and garden; but she is unable to harvest from her garden as the option to do so is no longer there, even though the plant is clearly in the harvest mode. (Tested over 3 game days)
What do you expect to see? The harvest option in the interaction menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and installed all three of the new kits. Then disabled the dust-related effects from Bust the Dust after 2 (rl) hours of doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and cleaning >.>

Screenshot: The menu shown is for the mushrooms, which you can see should be harvestable.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, adjusted game version

Message 1 of 33 (4,517 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No option to harvest garden plants

★★★ Apprentice

Confirmed. I uninstalled everything again, and then reinstalled everything EXCEPT BtD - I now have the ability to harvest.

View in thread

Message 18 of 33 (6,076 Views)

All Replies

Re: No option to harvest garden plants since new kits

Hero
@FoxieEyre Does it appear if you travel to another lot and back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (4,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictNo it does not.

Message 3 of 33 (4,462 Views)

Hero
@FoxieEyre There's a thread here for stuff not growing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-are-no-longer-producing-harvestables/td-p/8... but that's more about them not becoming harvestable at all, not the option missing.. do your other inseason plants produce anything at ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (4,458 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No. I am still unable to harvest anything from the garden.
Message 5 of 33 (4,424 Views)

Hero
@FoxieEyre Do they go to harvest state though showing fruit/berries/flowers like the mushrooms or do they never get to that state ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (4,399 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict They all show as harvestable; simply missing the interaction.

On a side note, I've removed all mods (including CC),repaired the game twice (first time with mods, second without), during my troubleshooting for this problem, I'm now also experiencing bugs *like still getting dust effects and bunnies when I've disabled them* and *my sim's icons just being white boxes with thin red X marks through them*. I'm going to have to scrap the file, and that sucks cuz I worked hard on this sim.
Message 7 of 33 (4,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FoxieEyre Did you delete the localthumbcache file ? Tried a fresh user folder and just put the save back to see how that goes ?

You can always save the Sim to the gallery and place in a new save. You'll relationships and inventory but the progress should stick

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (4,364 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yup, and yup. I could have uploaded this sim to the gallery again, but it was simpler to re-download the sim from when I uploaded at creation, lol. Time for a restart. *shrugs*
Message 9 of 33 (4,353 Views)

Hero
@FoxieEyre Could you please enter your game version ? 8 seems a bit odd.

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 33 (4,296 Views)