[NEEDS INPUT] No Notification Pop-ups

by Juliette_Capp19

Original Post

Re: Notifications Disappearing too Fast

Hero
@Juliette_Capp19 Thanks for filling out the form. Merged the rest of your post in here so we have all in one place. The form is important which is why you needed to create a new post. Thanks

@CipherNia None at all or too fast ? Which packs do you own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 36 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pretty much all xpack except for kids stuff and the Christmas pack. (Currently not at pc so can't list it all.) I could see the notification pop up for a split second, but it disappears almost instantly and you can't read it unless you go to the notification wall. Initially I thought I was cancelling it or doing something to make it disappear, but it happened way to consistently for that.

Message 12 of 36 (1,471 Views)

Hero
You're also on PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 36 (1,465 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for commenting. I'm sorry you're having this issue too, but I'm glad it's not just me.

Message 14 of 36 (1,458 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictThank you. I appreciate your help.

Message 15 of 36 (1,457 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] No Notification Pop-ups

★ Guide

I realized that, too.
On the day of my sims' birthday the game did not notify me that it was their birthday the day.

Message 16 of 36 (1,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @Juliette_Capp19 @CipherNia @wallaosg

Could you share your dxdiag?  How to get dxdiag file 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 36 (1,434 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello @SimQARobo.

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble finding the command. But if you tell me what information you need, I'm very familiar with my computer's specs.

Message 18 of 36 (1,399 Views)

No Notifications

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday pack, guitar pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do anything that would normally trigger a notification to pop up.
What happens when the bug occurs? There aren't any notification pop-ups. I have to open the notification panel to view them.
What do you expect to see? I should see a notification pop-up, but I don't. I have to open the notification panel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This did not start happening until I installed the 13 November 2018 patch. The 20 November 2018 patch did not fix it.

I created a thread about this a few days ago, but I think it was forgotten about.

Message 19 of 36 (1,347 Views)

Re: No Notifications

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Juliette_Capp19

things are bit crazy right now as you can tell by the amount of new posts.

I merged your threads so for the future, just re-post in your old thread if you're waiting for an answer.

How are you having issues finding your command ? What's your operating system ? Windows 10 ?

Which part of the instructions are you having issues with ?

There's a lot of information in your DxDiag not just your specs so it would be good to have the whole file as @SimQARobo asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 36 (1,341 Views)