Re: Baby gets left home alone while both parents at work

by Dinkus83

Original Post

Re: Newborn/Toddler automatically sent to Daycare is not working

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 44 (2,997 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Newborn/Toddler automatically sent to Daycare is not working

★★★ Apprentice

My toddler doesn't disappear either when my sims go out or automatically go to daycare I think it's a glitch 

Message 22 of 44 (2,850 Views)

Baby gets left home alone while both parents at work

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Whatever is most recent for PS4 version.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a family with 2 parents, 1 toddler, 1 baby where both parents are gone to work at the same time.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the second parent leaves for work, the nanny/daycare notification pops up for toddler, but the baby gets left home alone.
What do you expect to see? I expect the baby to also be sent to daycare and not be left home alone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The update for High School expansion

I've never had this happen before, and I frequently play with families, so I assume it's something from latest update. This is a brand new save that I've been playing while waiting for other bugs to get fixed. I didn't notice any problems with the family's first baby, but their work schedules have changed from promotions, so daycare may not have been needed. Or, it may be something specifically from having a toddler and a baby at the same time.

The parents' work schedules now are such that one leaves for work an hour after the other. When the second parent leaves, the notification pops up that the toddler can't be left home alone, so I click to send them to daycare, but the baby is still home all alone. The first day this happened I was confused and unprepared, so I didn't get any screenshots. There was a friend of the parents still in the house visiting that time, when the second parent left for work, so I thought that may be the cause. Luckily, the baby didn't start crying until just before a parent came home, so it ended ok.

The second day this happened I was prepared, and made sure there was no one else in the house. In my first screenshot, you can see that the second parent has just left for work (she also just fed the baby, just in case) and the nanny/daycare notification pops up for the toddler. In the second shot, you can see that both parents are now at work, the toddler is now at daycare, and the baby is still home all alone.

Message 23 of 44 (2,842 Views)

Hero
@Dinkus83 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Could you send your saves to EA as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 44 (2,824 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry @crinrict , I saw this one when I did a search before posting, but it was a couple years old so figured it was a different issue. I will figure out how to send the save. Thanks!

Message 25 of 44 (2,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had an issue with my sims family. My adult sims left the lot. I got a notification the toddler couldnt travel to the lot I selected, so toddler was sent home or to daycare. My adult sims came back, everything was fine about an hour, and then, without warning, I was notified their toddler was being taken away for neglect. I have no idea how unless something messed up while they were away because the toddler is well cared for and the butler was there while they were away.

Message 26 of 44 (2,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem with my toddlers and babies not being sent to daycare when my sims went to work. I fixed the issue by having my adult sim travel using the travel option on the phone and then my toddler was finally automatically sent. The next time my sim went to work, I got the option to send to daycare or hire a nanny again. I’m not sure if this is the fix for babies too since I haven’t tested but I assume it’s the same.
Message 27 of 44 (2,745 Views)

Sims 4 Baby Bug

★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Desert Luxe Kit, Seasons, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult sim in a household with a baby Send the adult sims to work or out the lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The babies do not get sent to daycare when all adult sims have left the lot. They are left to cry in their crib until the adult sims return.
What do you expect to see? The baby sim disappearing from the crib and receiving a notification saying the baby sim has been sent to daycare.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have none. 

Message 28 of 44 (2,658 Views)

Baby stays home

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? idk but the problem is with basegame
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a baby and make everyone else go to work
What happens when the bug occurs? the baby stays home and doesn't disappear when everyone else is gone
What do you expect to see? I expect the baby to be gone when no one is home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Its happening with the new infant update

The newborn stays home when the house is empty and no one can take care of it since they aren't there

Message 29 of 44 (2,593 Views)

Infant doesn't go to Daycare when home alone

★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Infants Update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batu and Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household of at least 1 parent and 1 infant, and send the parent to work via rabbit whole. I am playing with the Engineer career. When the prompt comes up to either send to Daycare or hire a babysitter, choose "send to Daycare"
What happens when the bug occurs? Infant does not go to Daycare and instead continues to crawl around the lot. Portrait is greyed out, but the Sim doesn't disappear like normal
What do you expect to see? Infant Sim should disappear until the parent returns from work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The infants update. Infants were just added with this update.

This is the 3rd time I have sent my parent Sim off to work, and chosen to send my infant to Daycare. The 1st two times she went normally, but the 3rd time she did not disappear, and continued to crawl around the house. The household consists of a father, an infant daughter, and a kitten. I have mods disabled atm since most mods haven't been updated yet. Her portrait is greyed out like it should be, but her needs are not being cared for and go down like normal. Exiting out of the lot and returning did reset it and allow for her to be sent to Daycare.

Message 30 of 44 (2,662 Views)