Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Neighbourhood stories phone calls not having intended affect

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust and MWS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Receive phone call from friend asking if they should date another sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims call to say they are dating but there is no romance bar
What do you expect to see? A romance bar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest neighbourhood stories patch

Basically I got a call from a sim asking if he should ask a girl out he had a crush on. I said yes. He later called back and said the date went great and now they’re dating. I went into the households to check and these sims are not dating. They have no romance bar. They have no friendship bar, they’ve essentially never even met each other. 
I’ve attached screenshots to show the romance panel being empty and that he is not in any relationships. 
I don’t have screenshots of the original phone call. 

also feel free to change the topic name. I couldn’t think of a better way to word it.  

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number 

Message 1 of 19 (4,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Neighbourhood stories phone calls not having intended affect

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Reposting this from the simsDirect account so that if any of you are still experiencing this and willing to help with a save file can reach out to this account.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions for sharing files with us are here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (701 Views)

All Replies

Re: Neighbourhood stories phone calls not having intended affect

Hero
@xjodielaura Sounds similar to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Neighborhood-Stories-Sims-don-t-form-relationship-get-engaged/... but looks like you got a different call so I'm not going to merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (4,026 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I’ll try and screenshot next time I get a similar call but it said something like “I think Becca Clarke is cute! Should I ask her out?” And I said yes and then a day or two later he called back and said “me and Becca had a fantastic time! We’re dating!” And then I got a moodlet that said “Cupid: from hooking up two friends” but like I said when I went into the household they didn’t even know each other
Message 3 of 19 (3,974 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m gonna add this in here too cos I feel it’s a similar issue. I’ve had this “trying for baby” phonecall now about 5 or 6 times from this same person (Emily) and I’ve said yes every time but she still isn’t having any babies. She’s one of my played households which I have neighbourhood stories turned off for, so perhaps that’s making it an issue? Though I don’t think that should affect the phone calls 

Message 4 of 19 (3,823 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, ditto, Bella Goth is ringing us once a week to ask if she should have a baby. We always say yes, but she never does.

Message 5 of 19 (3,770 Views)

★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I got the same phone call 3 times in a row (on the same day) even when I told her no, she would ring back and ask the question again
Message 6 of 19 (3,756 Views)

Hero
@xjodielaura Could you create a separate thread for the baby issue ? It's a different call/issue so it's best if it has it's own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (3,701 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I will do if it happens again! It seems to have stopped for now
Message 8 of 19 (3,642 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Neighbourhood stories phone calls not having intended affect

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 19 (3,474 Views)

Neighborhood influencing doesn't work on relationships

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except highschool, cottage, werewolves, weddings, laundry, and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do some kind of influence action to encourage relationships, like answering yes when a sim calls asking if they should get to know someone or date someone, or actively in person using the "other sim" interaction getting them to hook up with or talking up another sim, and have the interaction be successful/positive.
What happens when the bug occurs? There will be a dialogue confirmation saying they they had fun hanging out, or that they are dating now, but there will be NO actual change in the sim's relationship.
What do you expect to see? The interaction to actually have an effect, and for the relationship between these sims to change appropriately.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I finally got my sim's best friend to have a successful "hook up with" interaction with another sim, only to find that apparently that entire interaction is meaningless and none of the dialogues actually result in anything. The dialogue had said things had gone well and that they were "dating now", so then the next day I had my sim use the "ask about another sim" to ask about who I thought was their new girlfriend, but the response I got was that they hadn't even met! So, I popped over to play the other household to check, and yep, there's no relationship bar at all between them. So then I checked the other sims I'd been encouraging and answering the phone calls of, and yep, same thing. No relationships at all outside their households and my own sim who is friends with them, even though I'd been actively trying to get all the different sims to get to know each other and have real social lives using this game mechanic. I was already disappointed that neighborhood stories didn't include making friends or developing romances, but at least I thought there was a way for me to manually influence that, so that there was SOMETHING that could be done there, but turns out all of that effort was a complete waste. So, I assume this must be a bug and there SHOULD be some real effect happening, because the alternative is that this entire thing is just all just a deliberate empty gesture and meaningless, which would be an extremely deceitful and malicious move on the part of those making and marketing the game. 

Message 10 of 19 (3,127 Views)