Re: Neighborhood Stories creating too many babies

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

★ Guide

That would definitely be nice. I had one family, which already had infant triplets, immediately get pregnant with another set after neighborhood stories. Talk about a full house. 

Message 11 of 44 (7,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Citysim9997 

I've been using MCCC story progression for some time, and am used to the 7-8 Sims (a recently divorced couple due to my Sim convincing the wife to leave her spouse, the ex-husband's sister, the husband's niece, the ex-wife's 3 teen children) living in the Jang's old 2 bedroom apartment with a double bed in one room and a child's bed in the other.

As I've said elsewhere, sometimes I play benevolent deity when I spot something like that and use bb.enablefreebuild to give those poor NPC toddlers beds, potties, and a few toys if we're going to visit...

Message 12 of 44 (3,103 Views)

★ Pro

My Servo's had triplets 😂

FOoaNpaXoAcFlXT.jpg

Message 13 of 44 (3,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

The Jangs have gone too far in my save.  Wink

Baako and Anaya adopted a child and had three babies. I dropped by and aged up the babies to toddlers (sorry, Baako and Anaya), so they had another. Then Baako died tragically, and Anaya dealt with her grief by... adopting a baby.

Because I have MCCC, children, toddlers, and babies aren't culled when the parents die and are instead adopted into another household (the other parent, if existing), so I got a notification that Morgyn Ember had adopted 7 children, toddlers, and babies with the last name Jang.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/963654304525336616/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/963654386322653224/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/963654495303237682/unknown.png

Sure enough...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/963654647413882910/unknown.png

Yeah, that looks like this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/963657169780232192/unknown.png

I would like to officially nominate Morgyn Ember for Sainthood...

Similarly, Neighborhood Stories has been hard on the Fyres family in the same save. They adopted a bunch of kids and had a bunch of kids, then their teen Siobhan died, then Moira died. Yikes.

Message 14 of 44 (3,018 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Neighborhood Stories creating too many babies

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 44 (2,940 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I had to disable all the children/pet adoptions after a Sim week, because it was too much to handle. Neighborhood Stories are a good addition to the game, but it really needs adjustment.
Message 16 of 44 (2,873 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Are saves still needed? I am experiencing this issue. Seems that married female sims with “family-oriented” trait are constantly pregnant. For example Goth family  first adopted a child, then I disabled child and pet adoptions, and since then they have gotten 6 babies. Kealoha family got 5 babies in rapid succession, until “neighborhood stories“ told that family father Makoa Kealoha died accidentally . Bheeda family has gotten 5 babies.

I play in Finnish, and I have not used any mods while playing this save.

Message 17 of 44 (2,758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I have to say, the initial explosion of babies was really overwhelming, but over time the game has settled down. It went like this:

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY TODDLER BABY DOG DOG DOG BABY BABY BABY TODDLER DOG DOG DOG BABY TODDLER DOG BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY TODDLER BABY DOG DOG DOG ...

[Sim count: 230 out of 250]

DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH 

[Sim count: 211 out of 250]

Death. Job change. Move. Death. Job change. Move. Dog. Death. Baby. Job change. Death.

Then again, perhaps every single household with a dog lover, a cat lover, or a married and family-oriented Sim has filled all 8 slots.  Wink

Message 18 of 44 (2,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

OH MY GOD. I swear on my life something similar happened in my game. The townies make a bunch of babies, then they die and suddenly i have seven simultanious adoption notifications cuz someone took in all the kids. Now it's nice to see the siblings stay together and I don't have to go in and make toddlers and teens anymore so my sim kids can have friends which is nice (since my files used to get into so many gens there were like no kids left since the sims wouldnt make any before neighborhood stories) But yeeesh it's a little much! And this happens with pets too. I think I've had two or three 1 sim households suddenly adopt seven dogs at once. No idea why, or how, but yeah. Multiple sims just living alone with their seven dogs on a lot. 

Edit: Long life span stops this from happening. Sure the mother sim gets closer to the age of their kids, since they are pregnant so often, but short life span the kids get older than their mother and it really seems like an oversight from the EA team. I know neighborhood stories is making sims adopt a lot of kids and pets and that should be corrected, but mothers ending up younger than their first born children seems like such a massive mistake they really need to get on that! 

Message 19 of 44 (2,658 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I had to turn the stories off because of this sort of thing. I only played my save for a few days (real time, not game time), and it just got out of control. One randomly generated family started off with a teen son, but then they ended up with 5 babies. The Langraab family now has 4 babies. Both the Goth and Spencer Kim Lewis families have 3 each, and the Goth family apparently adopted a child as well.

Something else that is annoying to me is that despite turning off the story options, I still see the phone calls from sims asking the various things. In a way I find it cool that you can still have some sort of control over those things without the autonomous aspect, but if you can disable one then at least allow us to disable both. I'm really getting tired of seeing all of the calls popping up and really wish I could turn them off.

Message 20 of 44 (2,575 Views)