Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Neighborhood Stories creating too many babies/adoptions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Seasons, City Living; Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator; Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Kids' Room Stuff, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff; Free Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With Neighborhood Stories turned on (or at least the part that allows them to have babies), have a member of your active household visit another household that has a baby.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. The NPCs in inactive households are pregnant again very soon after giving birth to their last baby; they are nearly constantly having babies. 2. I receive a notification that [baby name] is very hungry, as though the baby were a member of my household. The NPCs in the household rarely if ever acknowledge the baby crying and certainly do not feed it. If I stay on the lot long enough, the baby gets taken away by social services for neglect.
What do you expect to see? 1. The NPCs should not be constantly pregnant. 2. The NPCs should feed their crying babies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent Neighborhood Stories release

This bug was most noticeable/invasive when visiting the Tinker household. Both adult women were pregnant and there were two babies already in the house. It seems like after the update came out, any household with at least two non-related adults in it suddenly had a baby, regardless of whether those adults were in a relationship.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title to be about over-the-top amount of babies only. Please use linked thread for the other issue.

Message 2 of 44 (11,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Neighborhood Stories creating too many babies/adoptions

Hero

Neighborhood Stories will now welcome fewer newborns into the world. They’ve come to realize the amount of care Infants require and don’t want a miss a single precious moment

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 44 of 44 (3,219 Views)

All Replies

EXCESSIVE Pet adoptiongs happening since latest NS update

★★★ Guide

This is making me want to disable cats & dogs.

Message 1 of 44 (4,159 Views)

Re: Neighborhood Stories creating too many babies / NPCs not caring for their ki

[ Edited ]
Hero

@take_ninetynine Could you split your report in two threads as you're reporting two issues: Edit this one to be about the over-the-top baby amount and create a new one for the neglect (don't think we have an active one for that).

Just found that there's a thread for the NPC neglect already: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Non-active-household-baby-taken-away-for-neglect/t...

Please use that one and send your save to QA.

Could you edit this one to be about the over-the-top amount of babies only ?

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 44 (10,950 Views)

Re: Neighborhood Stories creating too many babies

★★★★ Novice
@take_ninetynine Im wondering how many babies will be born into the Scott household, Sara Scott, the woman who works at the pub currently has an adopted child, two toddler and a baby in the house with another on the way. I couldn't imagine... lol. 😟
Message 4 of 44 (10,703 Views)

★ Guide

Seriously.  Clara and Bjorn Bjergsen have at least a dozen kids, and they adopt while they're expecting.  Bella Goth has been pregnant so many times she's not just younger than Cassandra, she's almost the same age as Alexander!!  And it's happening all over the board, those are just the ones I see the most frequent.  There needs to be some limits in place.

Message 5 of 44 (10,544 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Same on Xbox. Almost every npc household now has tons of babies and empty homes are being filled without having that option selected. 

Message 6 of 44 (10,430 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here. I turned adoptions off cos too many were happening and all the married couples were popping out babies like crazy

Message 7 of 44 (10,374 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@take_ninetynine It's a bit concerning. I saw this too in my game, I hope it will not cause lagging problems in the future.
Message 8 of 44 (10,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

The game might need to take the lifespan settings into account when creating babies. That said, after having what I thought was a concerning number of babies, I had an epic rash of deaths, so maybe the game is trying to compensate.

Message 9 of 44 (10,258 Views)

★★★ Guide

It could be nice if it will go by of How many Bathrooms/Bedrooms you set, so the game gets the idea how big your house is.

Message 10 of 44 (10,227 Views)