Re: Neighborhood Stories: Elders having babies

by paolaelectra

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Neighborhood Stories: Elders having babies (Phone Call)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot missing a few
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? Elders are having babies via phone call
What do you expect to see? No pregnant elders (females)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Elder couple gets pregnant sometimes with a phone call and sometimes on their own and afte I’ve sElected no

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, added tag

Message 1 of 12 (4,121 Views)

Re: Elders having babies

Champion

I've got elders ringing to ask about having a new baby too. I've mentioned it on a couple of other threads. I have to keep checking if they actually had a baby as in my game saying no to the phonecall doesn't work sometimes and the household still produces a tiny surprise offspring. I've started just ignoring these phonecalls now to be on the safe side.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 2 of 12 (4,053 Views)

★ Guide
My elder Sim just got pregnant.

I'm not complaining.

Also my Servo family had a kid.

I find this so cool.

Thanks for reading.
Message 3 of 12 (3,968 Views)

★ Novice

I recently added more family to my current save (including aunt, soon to be uncle, grandfather and grandmother) and the mother in this family got a call from someone asking advice about having a baby, I couldn’t see the picture because it didn’t load but after I said sure have one, only to later see it was the grandmother!? I was SHOOK

Message 4 of 12 (3,877 Views)

[BG] Elder Lady Calls to Ask if Couple Should Try for Baby - Gets Pregnant

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP01, EP02, EP03, EP04, EP05, EP06, EP07, EP08, EP09, EP11, GP01, GP02, GP03, GP04, GP05, GP06, GP07, GP08, GP09, SP01, SP02, SP03, SP04, SP05, SP06, SP07, SP08, SP09, SP10, SP11, SP12, SP13, SP14, SP15, SP16, SP17, SP18. All expansions, all game packs except DHD and MWS, and all stuff packs. No kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become friends with an elderly couple, which includes an elder lady who is able to get pregnant. This can be two ladies, or a lady and a guy, so long as one member of the couple is technically able to be impregnated. Wait for Neighborhood Stories to kick in.
What happens when the bug occurs? A household that should not be able to reproduce, will call and ask if they should try for a baby. If you select yes, the elder woman gets pregnant.
What do you expect to see? I expect that sim couples that should not able to reproduce not call to ask if they should have children, and not get pregnant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This came with the first Neighborhood Stories rollout specifically, as calling wasn't able before then.

It seems like there aren't really any logic checks around who is able to become pregnant through the calling feature. Elder sims are getting pregnant, as are lesbian couples. For elders specifically, if someone is playing with aging on, this risks the householders dying before the kid ages up into a teen - in which case the kid is deleted and lost forever.

I'd have thought that the WLW couples getting pregnant through the calling or the "discuss expanding family" option was intended gameplay, but MLM couples can't have kids this way so it seems like more of an oversight.

If a couple has two sims who are able to be impregnated/ two sims able to impregnate, then the calling/"discuss expanding family" option should maybe trigger some probability of the couple adopting a kid instead, based on traits, household income (if they have under a certain amount of money they say no), etc. A pairing of two elder sims shouldn't have this option.

Message 5 of 12 (3,716 Views)

Re: [BG] Elder Lady Calls to Ask if Couple Should Try for Baby - Gets Pregnant

EA Staff
Hello @onemorekayaker

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 12 (3,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimGuruRitzy  thanks, just sent the link. I did end up moving everyone into a new save, but the issue should pop up soon enough.

Message 7 of 12 (3,530 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to add that I've seen evidence of Leila Illes and Oliana Ngata (a premade lesbian couple in Island Living) impregnating each other with Neighborhood Stories on, even without the need for phone calls. (The evidence was found with the Get Sim Info mod, which is how I know they were both getting pregnant and not just adopting. I strongly doubt that this mod was responsible.)

I have not, so far, witnessed any elderly women getting pregnant without phone calls.

Message 8 of 12 (3,422 Views)

Hero
@HeroicJay It's best to use this thread for pregnancies where the settings are ignored: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Neighborhood-Stories-Pregnancy-settings-are-getting-ignored/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (3,389 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Neighborhood Stories: Elders having babies (Phone Call)

★ Guide

My sim recieved a phone call the other day from Mary and Blossom Greenberg saying they were having a baby but Blossom is an elder and they are both female and I haven’t edited either of them to be able to get pregnant or get the other pregnant. 

Message 10 of 12 (3,372 Views)