[NEEDS SAVES] Needs bar doesn't change color (Unmodded Games/Console)

by jordyou23

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Needs bar doesn't change color (Unmodded Games/Console)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Fully updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the Modern Menswear Kit, which is disabled
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new save and just play the game normally. Your Sims will start to display inaccurate motive readings almost immediately.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have seen lots of people in my Sims fan group on Facebook complaining about this but hadn't seen it myself until last night. This doesn't happen on my saves created before the last game patch but when I started a new save, I couldn't even play more than a single day because my Sim's motives were inaccurate to the point where he was nearly dying every couple of minutes. He would take a shower and his hygiene bar would still be yellow even though it was full. He'd go to bed with a full Hunger bar and wake up on the brink of starvation even though the Hunger bar was still green in spite of being almost empty. I got no negative moodlets or notifications that he was hungry. The only reason he didn't die was because I happened to have his motive tab open. If I hadn't, I never would have known he was starving to death.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sim's motives to be green when they're full, yellow when they're 1/4 full, and red when they're low. I also expect to get negative moodlets to inform me that my Sim needs something when they have low motives.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest game patch

My sims need bars go down too fast and go up to slow. they also do not all go up when my sims are left at home. When tending to the needs they go up but stay the same colour red or yellow depending on what could they were before going up. It does not help when my sims don't tend to them when to lower. My teen sim almost started to death because of that issue. When I try to tend to their need myself they sometimes just stand there not doing what I tell them to do.

EA Please fix it. It is annoying to deal with.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title a bit

Message 1 of 26 (7,701 Views)

Re: Need problem

Hero
@jordyou23 Do you have any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (7,664 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I play on the ps4
Message 3 of 26 (7,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Moving this back to bugs as there's now a console report for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (7,649 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Needs Bar doesn't change color

★★ Novice

Having this exact same issue, but only with my mermaid sim for some reason. All CC is disabled, cache is cleared but It didn't seem to make any difference. Needs don't turn yellow/red when low and don't show up as negative buffs. All of my sims (Not only mermaids) also keep peeing themselves whenever they wake up!

Message 5 of 26 (7,472 Views)

Hero
@Vennce Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (7,435 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Something I noticed: When my Sim is at home, the bars act up. When she goes to, say , the gym and works out, gets a drink, takes a shower, etc. the bars work fine, for a few and then start acting up at the gym too. If I go back home, they work again, but only for a few tasks and then start acting up again. I have tried this with no mods/CC and it still does it. Definitely NOT a mod issue.

Message 7 of 26 (7,240 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am a youtuber and my needs do the same thing! I almost had a child taken away as the needs didn't tell me in the UI that they were hungry, and when I did look at the needs it was fully green when the bar was super low! I also have had the bars be full and yellow in color! They are decaying way to fast as well. Attached is a photo to back up other simmers situation. 

I am fully updated, and I have tried vanilla as well it does in both with and without mods. 

Message 8 of 26 (7,142 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 26 (7,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@blackrosekyt @DDWard1972 @jordyou23 @Vennce 

Your posts were split off into a new thread as the main one turned into a mod discussion

Could either of you please answer questions below ? Thanks

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (6,684 Views)