Original Post

Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Natural born hybrids bug out

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 96 (1,620 Views)

Re: Mermaid-Vampire Hybrid Glitch...?

★ Novice

After several attempts, I created a day-walking vampiric mermaid couple. They both keep the designed mermaid forms which are changed from their human forms in water. The dark forms are the same form as the mermaid form without tails.

Message 32 of 96 (1,570 Views)

Re: Help with Hybrid Vampire-Mermaid Sim bugs on PC

★★★ Guide

I have a mermaid that became best friends with Caleb Vatore. I got his "turn" invite and went thinking "this isn't going to go well". Anyway when he finally popped the question I said yes. The popup came up 5 times and I said yes each time. Finally Caleb bit, fed, then fed her his blood and she got the strangely hungry mood let and the dark
energy smoke. I will let you know if she actually turns.

The other say I took one of my vampires and looked to see if turn into vampire option was available on a mermaid. It wasn't, so I assumed it wasn't possible.

At the time my above mentioned mermaid turning vampire was initiated she had started human but I fed her the mermaid kelp to make her a mermaid at the start of this  particular game. And I was using MCCC at the time of the turning so it MAY be that.

But now it makes my want to see if it happens in a vanilla fame too...

Either way it was weird. I used to get vampire invites when I was playing an alien too but they never worked so I assumed this would be the same with mermaids.

This throws an interesting twist to my story however...

Message 33 of 96 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Guide

Update to my post above: the turn did not fully complete at first on its own. She went through the usual 3 days of the turn and then moped around with the blinking Appetite Lost moodlet (that normally happens right before they change) for an additional 4 days. I am guessing the game script did not know what to do with her as the moodlet just blinked for days on end and complained of the bad tasting food. Finally I put her out of her misery and had her eat 2 mermaid kelp to cure her mermaid-ism and THEN immediately she FINALLY changed into a vampire.  Wink

I had not planned on her being a vampire in THIS particular game (although she was for many other incarnations of her).

Oh well. I guess its time to move her in with Caleb as Sulani is a little too dangerously sunny for her now... Wondering

Message 34 of 96 (1,545 Views)

★★ Novice
@aidans1985 Interesting! For mine I created my Mermaid in CAS and she still turned into a weird vampire-hybrid with the 3 days and everything, so maybe thats the difference...? I'm not entirely sure
Message 35 of 96 (1,517 Views)

★★★ Guide
@sapphomet Now I'm gonna try that! (starting a mermaid in CAS and getting them turned) *insert evil laugh* Thanks for the idea! Large smile
Message 36 of 96 (1,510 Views)

★★★ Novice

My Vampire sim had a baby with her housemate who's an Alien and I think the resulting baby became a hybrid, in cas the child does the vampire animations and where it would say Dark form or disguise is a blank text bubble. Like others, I can't get any changes to the sim to stick.

Message 37 of 96 (1,484 Views)

Mermaid and vampire hybrits are glitchy

★★★ Novice

If I make a hybrit between a mermaid and a Vampire,  the child either ist a mermaid or registered as a human but has a dark Form in CAS. Also everychild with a mermaid as a parent has a random townie face with brightly colored hair, so they don't resemble their parent at all.   

Message 38 of 96 (1,456 Views)

Re: Mermaid and vampire hybrits are glitchy

Hero
@Larina28 Merged your post with the hybrid issue thread.

For the genetics, please press me too here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Mermaid-genetics-dont-work/m-p/7965782#M93075

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 96 (1,444 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this one, could someone possibly share a save file? Thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 40 of 96 (1,421 Views)