Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Natural born hybrids bug out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In create a sim add clothes to an alien child.
What happens when the bug occurs? Alien child doesn't change clothes
What do you expect to see? Correct clothes on sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living patch.

I think it is the Alien child. 

Message 14 of 96 (7,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Clothing Issues In CAS

Hero

Sims can no longer simultaneously have two occult types. Specifically Vampire and Aliens.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Taking feedback on how this goes.

Be aware that already bugged hybrids might still have issues. Use a cheat to get rid of one of the occults

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 75 of 96 (7,217 Views)

All Replies

Vampire / Alien Hybrids have traits of both and don't hold appearance changes

★★ Novice

Right after the patch one of my sims gave birth to twins. The parents are a vampire and an alien. The resulting children seem to have both Vampire and Alien traits (Vamp powers and points, Alien 'Empathize', etc.).  Also when I try to change them, the changes to either Normal or Dark/Disguise form don't stick, they immediately change back to their earlier forms. They also both had a severe case of the stretched toddler form, though I was eventually able to correct for this.  06-21-19_1-14-04 AM.png

Message 1 of 96 (7,199 Views)

Re: Vampire / Alien Hybrids have traits of both and don't hold appearance change

Hero
@Arthur_Curious Hybrids are technically a bug and they shouldn't occur (yeah, I know there's ways to get them).

I merged your post with the ongoing thread on the topic.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 96 (7,187 Views)

Re: Vampire / Alien Hybrids have traits of both and don't hold appearance change

★★ Novice

The odd thing is that I have several other Sims that are the children of a vampire and an alien and this is the first time I've seen this particular issue. Every other time the children grew up to be one or the other. 

Message 3 of 96 (7,182 Views)

Hero
@Arthur_Curious Hybrids usually get created when you get abducted. Otherwise it's one or the other although there might be other instances that trigger those hybrids.

Maybe it's completely borked now. I'm forwarding this again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 96 (7,169 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. My toddler turned into a child and I can't change her clothes or hair style. Doesn't work in CAS or using the dresser/ mirror.

(No Mods or CC installed) 

Message 5 of 96 (7,224 Views)

Hero
@Big_Mada Which ones are you guys using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 96 (7,213 Views)

★★★ Novice
Which ones what?
Message 7 of 96 (7,204 Views)

Hero
@Big_Mada Clothing. All of them ? Which one did you choose that is now stuck ? I can't duplicate this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 96 (7,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

All of them. This is the outfit it gave her when she turn into a child. When I plan an outfit it doesn't save. It's every outfit not just "Everyday" 

Message 9 of 96 (7,193 Views)