by PinkNicolieBee

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Nannies will continue to appear after canceling nanny service

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover Lifestyle, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a nanny and then fire the nanny and cancel the service.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the nanny is fired and the service is canceled, nannies will continue to show up.
What do you expect to see? No nannies should show up after canceling the service.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The nannies wouldn't come back after I canceled the service and fired them before cottage living or the most recent patch.

After I cancel a nanny service and fire the nanny, more nannies will appear. Sometimes there's more than one. I will fire them and they charge me when there's no active nanny service. Even if I don't fire them, my sim will dismiss them and more nannies will continue to appear.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 30 (13,007 Views)

Re: Nannies will continue to appear after canceling nanny service

★★★★ Novice

having this happen to me too

Message 2 of 30 (12,973 Views)

Hero
@PinkNicolieBee Did you test this without mods installed ?

@seanaks Any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 30 (12,962 Views)

Hero
@PinkNicolieBee Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (12,921 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem too, just started Sep 11, 2021. Nanny wouldn't leave, dismissed them, and now they show up in pairs every few hours. No mods/cc. Still happening after repairing game and deleting caches.

Message 5 of 30 (12,891 Views)

Hero
@Jbeans75 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (12,882 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. If the nannies would do their job properly it would not be such an issue but they keep doing silly things like putting a tired child in the chair but not feed them, stopping the parent from putting them to bed. It is getting quite annoying. I now have 2 nannies in a room constructed around them so they can't interrupt my gameplay with another hanging around.

If I fire them another nanny turns up uninvited and gets in the way too. I am hoping they disappear when the children are old enough to take care of themselves.

Message 7 of 30 (12,744 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having this exact same issue! I have 2 nannies constantly in my house!

Message 8 of 30 (12,637 Views)

Hero
@nishi10000000 Are you using any mods/cc in your game like OP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (12,625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, no cc or mod.

Message 10 of 30 (12,612 Views)