[OPEN] NPC's not interacting on community lots/ despawning too fast

by Marquillotuca89

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] NPC's not interacting on community lots/ despawning too fast

Hero
@paradiseplanet27 That can have several reasons. Do you know what job the Sim has ? There are certain Sims that have 24 hour shifts that show exactly that kind of behavior.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 46 (1,468 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict It was one of my own played Sims who had no job at the time they asked me. I sent a flirty text that brought up the call to meet for a drink at a bar.
Message 22 of 46 (1,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.  They just stand around the public lot not going inside or talking to each other...

Message 23 of 46 (1,377 Views)

★ Guide
@meowhog Do they do something before despawning?
Message 24 of 46 (1,346 Views)

Bug Restaurants: Sims dont interact with each other while they are at they seats

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All until Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You need to go to a restaurant and watch the Sims (customers) already sitting in their seats waiting to be served or waiting for their meals.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically, restaurant customers who are already in their seats, waiting for a waiter or waiting for their meals, simply do not interact with each other. They no longer talk to each other. They basically stare at each other's faces and do nothing more than that. The only interactions they perform are looking at the menu, interacting with the waiter, eating their meals, and then leaving. This even seems to affect that children's interaction in restaurants, where they draw while they wait for food. They do not perform this interaction either.
What do you expect to see? I hope the Sims will talk to each other again while they are in their seats so that it will be natural.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Basically, restaurant customers who are already in their seats, waiting for a waiter or waiting for their meals, simply don't interact with each other. They no longer talk to each other. They basically stare at each other's faces and do nothing more than that. The only interactions they perform are looking at the menu, interacting with the waiter, eating their meals, and then leaving. This even seems to affect that children's interaction in restaurants, where they draw while they wait for food. They don't perform this interaction either.

I searched the producers' gameplay video to make sure that Sims always interacted, and in it you can see Sims talking to each other while in their seats:

https://youtu.be/VySJc6EyY8A?t=939

02-10-19_01-52-13.png02-10-19_01-52-13.png

Message 25 of 46 (1,296 Views)

Re: Bug Restaurants: Sims dont interact with each other while they are at they s

Hero
@SimsTime Merged your post with an exiting thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 46 (1,264 Views)

Re: Bug Restaurants: Sims dont interact with each other while they are at they s

★ Guide

Thank you very much. I am shocked that the bug affects not only restaurants, but all other lots.

Message 27 of 46 (1,250 Views)

★ Guide
Message 28 of 46 (1,178 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictMarquillotuca89 try autonomy mod socialize more but it will not do wonders. The problem is that the sims try to to start a conversation by a romantic interaction by default, you can check it in multiple ways. If for example you play two related sims like Caleb and Lilith Vatore you can see that one of the two can end up having all the social interaction with the sibling they try to start on full autonomy rejected by the game because they don't pass the incest check. Same thing happens for sims that don't know each other. They try to start a conversation with sim_beAffectionate and if you're lucky they skip that and go to the idle chatting.
Message 29 of 46 (1,156 Views)

★ Guide
@Trykmi That's actually the problem that Zero found at least with the idle chatting.
But there's no explanation for the despawning thing yet. Frown
EA, we need to know you're aware of this issue.
Message 30 of 46 (1,117 Views)