Re: No talking as groups

by popstarissa

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC's not interacting on community lots/ despawning too fast

★ Guide
@Laruhell How fast the NPC Sims leave the lots for you?
I've just played and literally in one bar, a bunch of (more or less) 8 Sims went to the lot and left immediately.
The whole situation was absurd. xD
Message 11 of 46 (2,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It's about the same for me, some will either leave within a few sim hours or just stand/sit around doing nothing. It's especially bad when it's working sims like bartenders that just take off (another bartender does show up eventually but it's still a nuisance that they keep leaving in the first place).

The no-talking situation is worse for me though, only a very few sims will actually chat and then either leave/just stand there for hours on end. A friend of mine said that the situation in restaurants is the worst, cos every npc sim just sits at the table with their family/friends not chatting at all. 

Really hope this gets fixed, nothing kills the vibe of playing sims more than seeing npc just standing around looking like their brains are on dial up :D From what I've checked, this issue seemed to exist last fall too and then got fixed, so here's hoping

Message 12 of 46 (2,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LaruhellWell it seems the situation is very similar for me. I didn't even want to go to a restaurant because I hate silence. XD
Hope more people come and report this issue, EA needs to know the issue is back.

Message 13 of 46 (2,540 Views)

No talking as groups

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just serve a dinner or sit a bar table, make sure you have at least 3 sims around.
What happens when the bug occurs? They do not talk to each other automatically as a group, they just do regular eating-drinking stuff and sitting there like no one is around... I guess "enjoy company" command does not work. I need to select my sim then command him/her to chat, but again just talking to one, not the others. Sometimes i see some sims talking to each other as a couple while they are standing, but not more. It does not work especially when they are sitting.
What do you expect to see? Auto-talk to others, as groups.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the -i guess- second-last update. Beginning of september.

I also disabled the mod ive been using (no custom contents); but there is no change.

Message 14 of 46 (2,547 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JuliaChang93 Same! The options for my Sims to talk with one another while sitting or eating are gone. The only options are the ones where they have to stand up.
Message 15 of 46 (2,508 Views)

★ Apprentice

This seems to be close to what Marquillotuca89 posted about here, ''NPC's not interacting on community lots/despawning too fast''

I've also noticed seated sims won't autonomously start chatting with each other, so for example when eating a meal at the dinner table or sitting at the bar disk. Overall I feel like autonomous chatting seems to be bugged right now and npc sims will just stand around most of the time.

Message 16 of 46 (2,499 Views)

Hero
@popstarissa Merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 46 (2,455 Views)

★ Guide
@Laruhell I had to tune some files to make them talk again, but was kind of a dirty job. I had to add some "affordances" to the barflies roles to make them talk again and even like that, sometimes they just stand around as you describe.
Karaoke bars are not fun right now.
Message 18 of 46 (2,429 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC's not interacting on community lots/ despawning too fast

★★★★ Guide

Not sure if the same, but recently I accepted a request from a Sim to hang out and grab a drink at the bar and when we went there, the Sim who asked my Sim simply despawned off the lot as if he brought me here and just left me here bc he had to go somewhere. Kind of rude honestly.

Message 19 of 46 (2,386 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC's not interacting on community lots/ despawning too fast

★ Guide
@paradiseplanet27 This is part of the "despawning" problem that I mentioned before, so I guess is ok here haha
Message 20 of 46 (2,376 Views)