by Marquillotuca89

Original Post

[OPEN] NPC's not interacting on community lots/ despawning too fast

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any community lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC Sims spawn, go to the lot, do a little stuff and then leave almost immediately. Plus, they don't seem to interact with other in bar EVEN if you modify the game tunning to make them socialize more.
What do you expect to see? Sims interacting with each other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.55

Ok, so everything worked perfectly with 1.54 patch. I installed 1.55 patch, opened my game and one of the first things I did was going to StrangerVille bar, once I arrived I saw two things:

1) NPC's spawned and despawned really fast.

2) Because of that, they don't have time to arrive to the lot, and if they do, they literally, go to the lot, do maybe one or two interactions and after they leave. 

I thought it could be a mod error, so I unistalled them and modify the "socialize_asbackup" file and the  "buff_AutonomyMod_Socialize_AsBackup" file to make Sims socialize again. I've been playing with that thing modified by a long time and it always worked. Well, this time  it didn't worked. Even if I play with ONLY that mod installed.  

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 46 (5,513 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims are no longer interacting with each other in bars etc

★ Guide

I think this bug is back again. Sims on community lots spawn and despawn so fast that is almost impossible for the to socialize. 

Message 1 of 46 (5,473 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I noticed that Sims have stopped autonomous  talking during meals at home. Also party guests stay silent.

Message 3 of 46 (5,489 Views)

★ Guide
@alanmichael1 Same for me too. It just came back with 1.55 patch.
Message 4 of 46 (5,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yup, it is somewhat back. I am in Sulani. and a group of sims have just been standing there doing nothing bot moving their heads for like 8 in-game hours. However, some sims still do move and interact, so it's not as drastic as it used to when this first happened, but it's definitely back in some lessor form.

Message 5 of 46 (5,459 Views)

Re: NPC spawning and despawning too fast on community lots

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Marquillotuca89 This seems to work fine for me.

But since other posted, i merged everything into this new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 46 (5,447 Views)

★ Guide
@rjssim This is somehow, what's happening to me too. 🙃
Message 7 of 46 (5,381 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, this is worse than I thought. Literally, every community lot have this problem in my game. NPC's spawn, some go to the lot and leave almost immediately while others just never move. Frown

Message 8 of 46 (5,328 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC's not interacting on community lots/ despawning too fast

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same problem for me, especially sims that are sitting down wont socialize at all, for example sims in lounges, when sitting and eating a meal or sims sitting at a bar. Sims also keep leaving lots, even worker sims.

Message 9 of 46 (5,302 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC's not interacting on community lots/ despawning too fast

★★ Novice

I have this problem as well. When Sims are together they are very "passive". They don't engage with eachother, they don't talk anymore and the community lots became quite creepy with sims standing there doing pretty much nothing.

Message 10 of 46 (5,267 Views)