Re: Veterinarians Playing in the Snow

by LauraKl10

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ar5ynal OK. Could you make a new thread then ?

I'll move your posts over afterwards so you don't need to re-write every detail. As this is about NPCs and yours are households Sims, it's better to have your own thread.

New thread is needed because of the template.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 44 (779 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] NPC Sims drop everything to shovel snow piles

★★★★ Novice

I've just noticed this as well.  I have a played sim with the neat trait who shovels all of the snow, but I also saw a bunch of townies shoveling snow at one of the festivals in the Snowy Escape world.  I couldn't get my sims to build a snowman because townies kept shoveling the snow piles.  (Even with the neat trait, however, sims shouldn't be going out in blizzards to shovel snow that's on terrain.)

Message 32 of 44 (725 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ALL of the sims in my household KEEP SHOVELING SNOW

Message 33 of 44 (688 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This seems to still be an issue. At least, Sims seem obsessed with shoveling snow. Snow in the yard as well as everywhere else. They will ignore indoor activities to go out in the freezing cold to shovel snow…. constantly. Only one has the neat trait. If they live in a snowy area they are outside for sure, shoveling snow. No matter what. ☃️❄️🌨

Message 34 of 44 (493 Views)

★★ Pro

This is bad enough at home but it gets infuriating on community lots when NPCs keep running off to shovel snow somewhere down the street. It would be best if this was just removed as an autonomous activity altogether. I don't really mind the small snow piles, mostly I'd just leave them be but it's cool to have the option to shovel them in case they're in the middle of your front yard.

Message 35 of 44 (470 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@siirysiir I think the problem is due to the lack of things for sims to do and the way their AI is programed, they are programmed to look for every interactable object in the neighbourhood and from a score of 0-10 will decide how "important" it is and will there for pick a number based on that which determines if they'll perform the interaction. It's why sims will randomly strike up conversations w/o being introduced, because the AI interprets other sims as objects, rather than sims.
Message 36 of 44 (437 Views)

★★ Pro
@halloweenchild13 Especially then it'd help to just remove it as an autonomous activity. I'll rather have NPCs trying to strike up a conversation instead of running off to shovel snow when I was actually trying to talk to them.
Message 37 of 44 (397 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MzMelonz I recently played through winter with autonomy turned on full and it was like every other action was shoveling snow and most of the time they would also drop what they were doing to shovel snow.
Message 38 of 44 (366 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @MzMelonz@halloweenchild13@siirysiir@Bearpal64,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 39 of 44 (323 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@halloweenchild13 I have lots of things for them to do! They would even be hungry or have to use the bathroom and will still choose to shovel.
Message 40 of 44 (268 Views)