by CallMeSuperboy

Original Post

Re: Cletus Harris - Pregnant?!

★★★★ Novice

Whoa that is EXTRA strange!

Message 31 of 50 (1,697 Views)

Re: Cletus Harris - Pregnant?!

★★★★ Novice

Yes that's pretty much what happened in my game too.  The man's pregnant belly complete with full abs was pretty hilarious.

Also re: dying from laughter - I had one of my favourite Sims die from laughter during his own wedding because he was so happy.  I reset that one/went back to a previous save because that was just too sad to handle....but also a little bit regretted it because I would have LOVED to have seen what the "died from laughter" ghost was like.  

Message 32 of 50 (1,696 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

★★★★ Novice

Definitely not set to be able to become pregnant.  Just a hilarious glitch I think Standard smile

Message 33 of 50 (1,693 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

★★★★ Novice

Also - the pregnant male sim can still "try for baby" - he made his wife pregnant while he was pregnant!  I couldn't resist my curiosity to try it.

Message 34 of 50 (1,681 Views)

Men Pregnancy

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a son/daughter of your Sim living in another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Male sim gets pregnant
What do you expect to see? I'm just surprised...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims' father called me and ask her if he should have a baby. And I answer Yes. I thought my mother's sims, his wife, will be pregnant. But no. HE GOT PREGNANT. When the baby was born I receive the message "Very Special Delivery - Have a male Sim give birth to an Alien baby". But the baby is not an alien, she's a normal baby, whose parents are the mother and the father of my Sims. Is this another leak of the next pack?

Male pregnancymessage aliennormal baby

Message 35 of 50 (1,627 Views)

Re: Men Pregnancy

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ctamarti , no since for it to be a leak it would have to be an accident, and for them to set this up like this would be too intentional for an accident.  I think what you mean is that it could be a hint for the next pack.  But again , I seriously doubt that this has anything to do with the next pack.Raised eyebrow  These new phone calls have several different themes, not just males becoming pregnant. Also, these pregnancies have nothing to do with Aliens (that message you got was most likely left over from when the only time males could get pregnant was by Alien abduction, as this would automatically trigger that message.)  But they not only now have male Sims getting pregnant by these phone calls, but over a year ago they allowed us to set males to become pregnant with the gender settings in CAS.  So, these pregnancies have nothing to do with Aliens, so therefore have nothing to do with any upcoming packs even if the pack would have an Alien theme.  Wink  Not to mention that there is no guarantee that any upcoming pack has to do with Aliens.  That is just speculation!  Other theories for the next pack are a mountainous ski resort vacation destination! Party hat There are other theories as well! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 36 of 50 (1,533 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 50 (1,468 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey @SimGuruNick -

EDIT: I've completed 3 different saves for you -

1. Saved at Wed morning; if you run the Esker household to Wed 6:55 pm, the random phone call from Leslie Julian will pop up. Choose "Yes, Have that baby!" response. (Phone call has shown up at 6:55 pm every time I run through this save, so hopefully successful for you)
  2. Saved right after choosing the "Yes, Have that baby!" response. Leslie Julian has been told to have the baby, but is not yet pregnant in this save. You will have to run the game for at least a couple of days before he shows as pregnant. I presume there is an element of randomness on when he & his wife try for baby. Seems to happen faster if you decline his request to come over for a visit. (Earliest I have seen him pregnant is Fri 7 pm; have also had to wait until Sat 9 pm; length of time to get pregnant is variable, but he always becomes pregnant)
  3. Saved with pregnant Leslie Julian visiting the Esker household

I tried saving while the phone call was active, but before answering it, but as soon as I clicked "file > save" the phone call went away and didn't come back on reloading. So the only way I can get it to offer you the phone call was to do the save a few hours before the phone call. I think this gives you enough points in time to test & see different elements. I have a lot of interim saves for all of these scenarios of you want something different. I PM'ed the link to the saves. Hope this helps!

I'm a little confused about what kind of save you want? The phone call is a random event, comes from a sim with the family-oriented trait. It appears that the sim also has to be in a lot, but not necessarily a played sim. I've received the phone call from both unplayed NPCs & favorited but unplayed sims; they always have the family-oriented trait, have a spouse & are always in a lot. So far, I've only received calls from sims that have a "friend" or better relationship meeting those requirements.

I don't know of a way to save a game in the middle of an interactive text box like that. Do you want a save with the male sim pregnant? If that's what you're looking for, I'm running a game to try to get the phone call. I'll upload a save as soon as I can replicate.

Message 38 of 50 (1,415 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Not quite the same... but I had the Tinkers (the lesbian couple from Eco Living) get pregnant with this interaction! I thought it was funny because I'm assuming they're both cis, with Olive being Yasmine's daughter, and they called up my gay male sims and asked if they should "Try for baby" (which itself is kinda funny.... imagine asking your bud if you and your wife should start.... woohooing). 

Tina Tinker (the caller) got pregnant despite the fact (but I haven't checked for certain) that I'm sure they're actually incapable of impregnating each other. 

Update: so when Tina's sons were born... it kicked Olive Tinker out of the house? I went to build a bedroom for the twins and Olive just.... didn't live there anymore. I had to invite her to visit the house via Yasmine because Tina didn't even know her anymore, and invite her to live with them. 

Message 39 of 50 (1,344 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

★ Novice

I've had the same bug. I've got the phone call and I thought Nancy would be the one to get bigger. I was quite surprised to see Geoffrey Landgrab walk around town heavily pregnant. I switched to his household and played a little until he was ready to deliver. When men carry alien baby they have this weird negative moodlet about stomach ache, weight gain etc, and Geoffrey had regular positive pregnancy moodlet. He gave birth to twin human girls. 

Message 40 of 50 (1,273 Views)