Re: Townie Households -Still- Have the Same Structure/Appearance/Name

by The_Ratticator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] NPC Households have Same Structure/Appearance/Name (Patch 1.59)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a while and observe the townies that spawn.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once again, townie households generally have the same appearances, structures, and names.
What do you expect to see? More diversity in the townie spawns.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Once again, the townie households are gravitating toward the exact same names, appearances, and family structures. There was an old thread about this that was locked due to supposedly being fixed, more than once, but it clearly hasn't been fixed, at least not fully. While the clothes that townie families wear are more diverse (they used to pretty much only wear CL, Vampires, and free new clothes), they still follow the same general archetypes that they have been before. These are the current archetypes that the townie generator is still fixated on:

- Sims with Japanese names who almost always have red or blonde hair. Seriously, this seems to be the only hair color they're allowed to have for some reason. Only rarely do they spawn with any other hair color.

- A single parent and a child who looks nothing like the parent, very often with names that do not match the appearance of at least one of them.

- A lot of townies spawning with repeat names.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (2,933 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC Households have Same Structure/Appearance/Name (Patch 1.59

Hero

Sims from specific San Myshuno neighborhoods now have more variety on their appearance.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

This is a probably a partial fix only but I'm going to mark this as fixed as there have been multiple changes since the thread was made.

If you still have issues, please create a new thread, best one thread per specific to the issue you're seeing it with (household size, names, look, ect)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (2,161 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Not only am I bugged by this, but also by the fact that the game keeps insistently generating new townies (ones that almost always fall into these archetypes) in droves instead of just using the townies I chose to play these random roles that it apparently needs.

Message 2 of 11 (2,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@The_Ratticator Just posting to say that I'm currently trying to get some info on this.

EDIT: I'm leaving these separate as they do have some difference but linking this thread in here for visibility: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-The-Game-is-Generating-an-Influx-of-Single-Sim-Adu...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (2,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I decided to compile a little something to demonstrate this in the attachments. These Sims have not been edited by me in any way. Note: The one in the bottom right is supposed to be "Erika," but the text distorted.

Message 4 of 11 (2,673 Views)

★ Guide

Just to add I am seeing this in my games as well. Mostly with Sims having a very dark skin tone and the blondest color for their hair with CL surnames. A lot of single teen households being generated and single parent-one child households with parent and child having very different skin tones/hair color from each other and no similar facial features. There also seems to be a moderately high number of townies being generated and my games are also not using the homeless townies that I made and placed into my saves like it used to.

All packs, no cc and no mods, game build 1.59.73.1020

Message 5 of 11 (2,597 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC Households have Same Structure/Appearance/Name (Patch 1.59

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 11 (2,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick I just sent you a save!

Message 7 of 11 (2,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Side Note: The title can be updated to include the most recent patch. The save I sent used the most recent patch, and it was still happening.

Message 8 of 11 (2,320 Views)

Hero
@The_Ratticator An open bug implies that. The Patch Version in the title just indicates when it first re-occured or on which patch the topic was started (only for re-occuring issues)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (2,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've recently observed that the townie generator is also still heavily weighted in favor of Sulani names. At any given time, if I'm not playing in San Myshuno (where CL names are the most common) or Sulani (where these names are definitely to be expected), I'd estimate that at least half of the randomly-generated townies have a Sulani name at any given time. CL and Sulani names are very prevalent at university as well, frequently appearing on the roommates and their associated relationships. Again, I actually really like the names themselves, but I would prefer it if the randomly-generated names were a more evenly-mixed bag rather than being very heavily weighted in favor of some over others. And I don't think enough of these names were added to the mix to begin with, so given how often they tend to appear, townie names repeat a lot.

Message 10 of 11 (2,216 Views)