Re: Sleep not filling up

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@camilla2103 Has the Sim been knitting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 47 (1,794 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, she has. She also abort eating if she has been knitting before making food, to go knit.

Message 22 of 47 (1,779 Views)

Hero
@camilla2103 Merging your post then

For the other issue see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-NKSP-Dropping-everything-to-start-a-new-knitting-project/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 47 (1,741 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict thank you for the help so far Standard smile
Message 24 of 47 (1,723 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Energy Bar slow to fill after Sim begins knitting skill

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I repaired the game and it seemed to fix the issue until my sim started knitting again.

Message 25 of 47 (1,673 Views)

Hero
What level knitting are you all at ?

Do you guys remember what level it first occurred ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 47 (1,638 Views)

Re: Sleep bar not refilling properly while sleeping

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue. I resorted to cheating the energy up every morning, but it is so tedious. 

Message 27 of 47 (1,581 Views)

★ Guide

I just ran into the same issue. My sims (mother and son) just started the knitting skill, so they were level 1. It's super annoying, the dad was the only one in the household who got a good night's sleep.

I did have another sim who knitted but didn't have this issue, it was in a different save, a brand new one, the save I was in now was an existing one. Not sure if that makes a difference or if it is just random.

Message 28 of 47 (1,532 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening to me too. I play in one save for the most part but rotationally to different families and so far it’s definitely related to the sims that knit. I don’t really know when it started but one of the sims this is happening with is level 6 knitting skill. It goes away when I repair the game but when I come back after a while it comes back. Doesn’t matter what bed I use, how upgrade the bed is, the extremely small increase in energy is the same while the other sim who has never knitted has no issues at all.

Message 29 of 47 (1,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020 (assumed; it is the most recent version as of posting)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game, stuff packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Allow a Sim to start building the knitting skill; raise skill to ~6
What happens when the bug occurs? After an unknown period of time (seems approx. 1-2 in-game days), needs stop filling properly. Sleep seems to be the most affected, requiring upwards of 20 hours for the bar to fill entirely; other needs which seem affected are Social, Hygiene, and Bladder. Hunger and Fun are the least affected.
What do you expect to see? Needs filling at the typical rate as they had previous to the knitting skill being built.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used; New computer, entirely new download of game, no CC or mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure, this is the first Sim I've personally encountered the issue with

My super-Sim Harrison earlier laid in bed for over 12 hours and only barely got the 'sleep' metre up to its halfway point before rising with a desperate need to pee and equally desperate hunger. Buying a 'sleep-replacement' drink with his satisfaction points likewise only filled the bar halfway. An attempt to fill the Social bar by sending a text to a friend caused the animation to loop without ending for over two in-game hours, superficially filling the need's bar but not changing its colour. Cancelling the action caused the need bar to fall even lower than it had been before the interaction began. Similar situations can be said for all other listed needs. Hunger and Fun seem to go up slower and will not fill all the way, but not to the extent of the others. All needs seem to decay faster than previous as well.

I have saved, closed out of the game, and restarted the game; bought new, fancier beds with better Need regen; repaired the game; cleared the cache and restarted my computer. None of these things managed to fix the problem for more than a (real life) half-hour or so. Cheating the needs of my Sim will very soon become necessary, but it's frustrating to have to deal with it in a way the game did not intend! I really want to like this pack and the items in it are so cute, but it's so infuriating to have a glitch like this that has such a huge effect on the gameplay.

(edited to fix a spelling error!)

Message 30 of 47 (1,443 Views)