[NEEDS SAVES] Multiple Interactions drop from queue

by rhah01

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Multiple Interactions drop from queue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can't do anything anymore. All the actions of any sim in my household get canceled, sinds the last upldate.

Message 51 of 63 (684 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Multiple Interactions drop from queue

★ Guide

On Xbox, yes this is happening a lot recently. Entire action queues disappear for no reason.

Message 52 of 63 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I'm having this issue on the Akiyama lot (5-3-1 Shinrinyoku). I just moved my Sims here and I think they're confused by the platforms; they stop at the edge of the platform and drop the action from their queue.  They also drop queued actions if I want them to go up or down stairs. 

The house is adorable, but we might have to move. They didn't do this at their previous house...

In order to get them to do anything, I have to "Go here... okay, now go here... okay, GO HERE... All right, do the... GET BACK HERE YOU (#@)*#@^@!!!!!!" and then queue the item over and over until I'm told that their queue is full in order to get them to do anything.

[Edit] I moved to a different lot (one I built myself) and they're normal again.

[Edit again] Okay, next household in the rotation... moved into the Scott's old place (3 Cobblebottom Street) and I tried to get them to eat and they were desperately confused by the sunken dining room and kept not eating (despite being hungry), getting up, trying to go do something else, and finally stealing each other's food. 

Message 53 of 63 (577 Views)

Champion

There must be a way to make Sims stay on task. This happens no matter where I am and it's getting worse. My Sim was in the village pub waiting for the results of the oversized crop competition and famished so I got him to order food. He stops eating as he keeps getting up and walking round with his plate to talk to random townies, his pint of beer is goodness knows where as he keeps putting that down and someone else drinks it. His food then goes into his inventory, all because he won't sit and eat his meal as instructed and he's still whining that he's hungry.

He's on vacation and he's harvesting plants and collecting insects as I search ahead through the forest and add them to the queue. It's not easy to find some of them so imagine my rage when I've found an elusive rare bug and added it to the queue...only for his queue to empty and I have to find it again. If it's one of those insects that's harder to find then it's so annoying. He keeps dropping all actions and running off across the forest to speak to a stranger when I didn't tell him to, and that action can't be cancelled! I try to cancel the random chat action that has appeared in his queue but it just greys out and he keeps running towards the Sim to chat. 

At least this Sim is in a solo household, it's much worse when there is a family to assign tasks to. This is a major function of the game, arguably the most important function.

It should be the absolute top priority to address it....new stuff can wait. Gameplay is more important than new content. I've seen the new roadmap and what I'd have liked to see is more focus on fixes. Basic functions are broken. Right now this is just a very expensive thing to swear at!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 54 of 63 (550 Views)

Akiyama Lot keeps cancelling ques

★★★★ Novice

This has been happening in Mt. Komorebi in 5-3-1 Shinrinyoku (Akiyama family lot). When a sim is on the ground floor, every action is cancelled whenever the sim is about to step up or down, as ground floor has different levels/platforms.

Message 55 of 63 (585 Views)

Re: Akiyama Lot keeps cancelling ques

[ Edited ]
Hero

@muhannad1988 Did you change anything about the house or is this the EA house ?

Does the cancelling happen to every Sim ?

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently broken but it helps if you answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 63 (546 Views)

Re: Akiyama Lot keeps cancelling ques

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

This is the same lot I was having issues with over here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Multiple-Interactions-drop-from-queue/m-p/11503709...

Same behavior, too; my Sim family appeared to be desperately confused by the platforms and would drop their queues.

Message 57 of 63 (518 Views)

Re: Entire Action Queue Canceled After Mood Changes

★★★★★ Guide

I've seen their entire queue vanish just from them changing position as well.

The queue we set needs to be fixed and also let us cancel things set on it if we choose. Can someone at EA please take note of this request? Would be a great game improvement.

Message 58 of 63 (500 Views)

Hero
@khitteh To be sure, yours isn't for mood changes ?.

There's a more general thread here and EA is looking for saves for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Multiple-Interactions-drop-from-queue/td-p/78131...

For requests please use general discussion as they are usually lost in bug reports.

I might merge this one as well but for now keeping separate as it's specific .

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 63 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@khittehTo be sure, yours isn't for mood changes ?.

There's a more general thread here and EA is looking for saves for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Multiple-Interactions-drop-from-queue/td-p/78131...

For requests please use general discussion as they are usually lost in bug reports.

I might merge this one as well but for now keeping separate as it's specific .

No, the action queue will drop just from changing position. Nothing to do with moodlets.

I've also noticed queueing up a cooked meal while a sim is removing another cooked meal from the oven will prevent the additional meal order I'm trying to add from being added to queue - it will just not get added as the sim changes position and takes item from oven.

Message 60 of 63 (450 Views)