Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Multiple Interactions drop from queue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, strangeville, vampires, laundry day, holiday gifts, ghoul guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? easiest test case: que the all the following actions in this order with bee hive, before the 1st has started. 1st: treatment of mites 2nd: sell honey 3rd: bond with bees alot of times it will will treatment of mites, then the rest of actions are removed and honey is still full and no bonding of bees has happened. so que up 1st. sell honey 2nd bond with bees most of the time will sell honey but will not bond with bees. only way to do these actions is one at a time. can not que them up and just let the sim preform action. this happens when request gift from father winter as well: 1. initial talking a few actions such as praise winterfest and belly laugh. 2nd request gift 3rd imidiately que up alot of talking actions with father winter till que is full. the request for winterfest gift is never initiated and no gift is given. will have to re ask for gift by itself to recieve the gift. this happens when queing up make cooking dish of serving size 8, when sim is hungry. after dish is made sim grabs the dish once sits down click dish to clean up and then click put away the left over serving on counter. sim will lot of times stop eating and put away left over dish on counter and loose all qued actions. these type of logic errors with sims are happening in many different type of qued actions these are just 3 that happens the most to me. this did not happen before april 16 patch 1.51.75.1020, this just started occurring after this patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? loss of multiple qued actions and sim never does what actions that were qued.
What do you expect to see? the sim following the qued actions as has always happened in the past before patch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. April 16 1.51.75.1020

its very easy to see just follow steps above, but there are many cases that this is happening that i did not state, to many to document.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 63 (9,410 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Entire Action Queue Canceled After Mood Changes

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 62 of 63 (1,866 Views)

All Replies

Re: sims logic of multiple qued actions are broken in many cases as of 1.51.75.1

★★ Novice
I'm glad you posted about this. I just quit my game out of frustration due to my Sims canceling out every qued interaction after two seconds.
Message 2 of 63 (9,294 Views)

Re: sims logic of multiple qued actions are broken in many cases as of 1.51.75.1

★★★★ Apprentice

its been driving me insane. never happen before April 16 patch.

Message 3 of 63 (9,289 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Multiple Interactions drop from queue

Hero (Retired)
Same thing happens on PS4.
Message 4 of 63 (9,259 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Actions involving gifts has been that way since Seasons. I have to choose to give a gift or to ask Father Winter for a gift as independent actions. The actions stay in the queue but additional actions push it further up the list.

There has been no change that I have seen since these actions became available.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 63 (9,229 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Multiple Interactions drop from queue

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 63 (9,188 Views)

★ Guide

This has been driving me up the wall. Just yesterday one of my sims came home sad from work, so I had her partner queue up Ask About Day, Discuss Sad Mood, Hug Lovingly, Kiss Cheek, Brighten Day (full queue). Kiss cheek jumped to the front, and the other actions stayed in the queue while she autonomously told a joke and then did a different friendly interaction than I had queued. I don't know what that was, I was too confused as to why the actions didn't follow through. I canceled one out, they all disappeared, and then the sim T-posed and reset.

Message 7 of 63 (9,151 Views)

★ Apprentice

Been happening since the update and patch. If any sim does multiple things or anything to do with computer they stop doing it. The quee doesnt work. 

Message 8 of 63 (9,124 Views)

★ Novice

me too

Message 9 of 63 (9,019 Views)

★ Guide
I’m having this issue on console as well. Actions cancel out in favour of autonomous greetings and general conversational actions following the greeting.

It even takes several cues for my sim to merely introduce herself to another. As soon as she reaches the target, the action cancels.

On several occasions, it can take minutes for my directed command to even drop down and register. “Reset object” doesn’t work for this issue.

There have also been times when I direct my sim to go talk to someone wandering around the neighbourhood, and the target sim keeps walking (or jogging) away- won’t stop to allow my sim to reach them. The action only cancels once the target sim has disappeared. My sim will chase them up until that point.

My experience is very similar to @gardenlobster.
Message 10 of 63 (8,944 Views)