by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

Re: Sims Randomly stopping all actions

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape and Moshicino Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Queue up alot of things at once, for example, having sim try to clean up a bunch of stuff after a party, or socialize and use alot of topics.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim tends to autonoumously cancel out items queued up for some reason..usually beyond the 4th or 5th one.
What do you expect to see? The sim to actually do the actual things queued up in their actions...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 1.68.156.1020

I gotten this bug recently alot. It usually happens when after i have a party, i have my sim try to clean up all the dishes in the house that are dirty. The 4th one or so, the sim tends to drop doing it. Also, this also happens in situations when you sim is socializing with another sim and you have alot of things queued up to talk to the other sim. Both these situations seem to have it happen the most in.

Message 31 of 63 (1,900 Views)

Re: Sims Randomly stopping all actions

★★★★ Novice

When this has happened to me, it's always because a Sim put a dish where someone can't reach it, like on a high shelf or wall, or in the athletic trophy display case. One time, it was under an adjacent roof piece.

Message 32 of 63 (1,871 Views)

Re: Random Social Interactions gets cancelled out if stacked

★★★★★ Guide

I have been having an issue with constantly having to requeue interactions. My sims will either reset themselves when they are in the middle of doing something (already started a bug thread) or they will not do interactions when I tell them to OR they will choose an interaction of their own and not do the one in the queue. It’s extremely frustrating. 

Message 33 of 63 (1,838 Views)

★ Guide

It has become common playstyle for me to pause my game when I want to queue up a string of commands because I know these Sims really do have a mind of their own.

Message 34 of 63 (1,827 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@nualla_6109 Yes I agree however, it doesn’t matter, at least for myself how many actions I queue they will autonomously cancel them and do their own thing.
Message 35 of 63 (1,810 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 63 (1,735 Views)

Sims Dropping Queued Interactions

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The easiest way is to make a sim chat with another sim and then queue interactions such as "Get to Know" or "Ask About Career". The sims would autonomously pick another interaction instead and then after a few sim seconds, drop the interaction you queued. (Cool that they're now self-aware beings? But also really creepy they're stubbornly defying "orders". 😰) We also used to be able to queue interactions and the sims will do it in the order you queue them before but now Sims will drop most (sometimes even all of them) out of nowhere. Also worth noting that I know some interactions are locked to their moods but this issue happens to interactions that are always on.
What happens when the bug occurs? They drop the interaction and then you have to queue it again and then if you're really lucky, they'll drop it again. 😒
What do you expect to see? For the Sims to do the interaction I ASKED them to do. 😈
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please Fix. 😞

Message 37 of 63 (1,746 Views)

Re: Sims Dropping Queued Interactions

Hero
@Kimisadechino I merged your post with the master thread on this

Would you mind sending your save to EA as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 63 (1,678 Views)

Re: Sims Dropping Queued Interactions

Champion

This is affecting my game increasingly. On Xbox series S but had it on Xbox one as well. The queue empties which is frustrating. Sometimes the Sim just stands there blankly, not frozen but waiting for me to assign actions when I have already but they've gone from the queue.

So as an example I'm on a deserted island doing the Scenario for making a million. Assigning collecting, gardening, fishing tasks. They keep vanishing, I'm telling her to do the same thing over and over. She's starving I tell her to eat, she won't and she's whining she's hungry (hate it when they do that!). Sometimes they put down the piece of fruit I've told them to eat and cancel the eating action.

I've completed the scenario and sent her scuba diving, she won't. I've queued a few actions at the diving spot like scuba diving for treasure and taking photos underwater, all the tasks vanish and she's stood there. I tell her to use the waterfall to shower, she won't and is complaining she needs a shower. It's worse if they are in dire need of something but won't do it...and keep complaining! It takes a few attempts to get them to accept the actions. I also get it when collecting which is annoying as I look around for things to harvest or dig, the actions vanish and I have to search again.

I've got this with parent to toddler interactions, so am going nowhere near the Too many toddlers Scenario! It's worse when it's a task involving self or child care.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 39 of 63 (1,510 Views)

Sims 4 actions dropping from the queue

Champion

Platform:Xbox Series S
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Courtyard oasis, island living, luxury party, laundry day, snowy escape, vintage glamour, nifty knitting, jungle adventure, realm of magic, bowling night, cats and dogs, my first pet, outdoor retreat, country kitchen, throwback fit, toddler, dream home decorator, fitness, romantic garden, dine out, movie hangout, discover university, gnome on the go, perfect patio, spa day, kids room, industrial loft, parenthood, backyard, Strangerville, Moschino, animal hats, tiny living, city living, get famous, life of the party, get to work, up all night, cottage living, get together, seasons, cool kitchen, grims guitar, Incheon arrivals, fashion street, blooming rooms, paranormal, (eco living purchased but not yet installed)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell my Sims to do something and see if they listen to you, because they sure as heck don't listen to me!
What happens when the bug occurs? Actions drop from the queue. Sometimes they do something random instead. So it's got worse since adding Paranormal pack. For example I queue up what she needs to do on a gig. Clean the slime, smash the creepy doll, get rid of the creepy hands, reassure the householder and so on. I told her 4 times today to do one thing but she wouldn't, even before the scared moodlets kicked in, she was on the front street. In one house the queue emptied and she randomly went to make coffee, but I hadn't told her to and she had max energy. She's also a mountaineer and at the peak of the snowy escape mountain I told her to light a fire, roast some hot dogs but nope it took several tries and a fair bit of bad language. Hiking, I told her to do one thing the queue emptied and while the queue was blank she ran off back to base and I couldn't stop her. She wouldn't respond to commands. That's just for today as an example. It's always been a bit of an issue but it's getting worse.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to do as they're told and for tasks to stay in the queue. Especially while at work as it's just unprofessional is what it is!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Looks like this has been going on for a while. It's a bit like the autonomy issue where autonomy off is no longer as decisive over time and I don't know if that's down to how much DLC I have or patches/updates. 

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 40 of 63 (1,479 Views)