by mohammadali118

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Monster under the bed reaction when it isn't there

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, most recent is eco living. All game packs except spa day, stuff: tiny living, fitness, bowling, movie, and patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have children in the game using single beds.
What happens when the bug occurs? The children are woken up as if there is a monster under the bed, but there is no visual (tentacles) and the options to interact with it are not available. (talk to, go away, etc) If multiple children are present in the room all are affected. Since the interactions do not exist the children will not go back to sleep, even if you independently have an adult spray the monster under the bed they remain too scared to go to sleep because there is a monster there. There are multiple Coolala the Defender Wall Lights placed in the room and they are on. I thought it may be an issue with where they are placed, so I tried 2 per wall.
What do you expect to see? No monsters when using Coolala the Defender Wall Light. If a monster does appear I expect to be able to interact with it as designed so that I can get it to go away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As mentioned, this appears to be an issue affecting the monster under the bed spawning even when it should not be able to. Because it does not spawn normally there is no way to make it go away. This was occurring prior to the patch that was released around the same time Eco Lifestyle was released. The game I had going then had a large family with several children and this became so frequent and difficult to work with that I abandoned that altogether, purchased the new expansion pack (Eco Lifestyle) and started a fresh game with no mods. When I was ready to age up the toddler to a child I put two of the defender night lights in his room, one above each nightstand on either side of the bed. This is using a house, Rockridge Springs, from the expansion, this is not a custom house. Within one week of aging him from toddler to child the monster under the bed would wake him up, but it isn't actually there. He cannot talk to it, he can ask to have it sprayed, but even when an adult does he still thinks it is under there. I added some additional rooms to the house for extra beds, won't use those either. It seems to occur in spurts. It will happen 2-3 nights in a row and then it won't occur again for several days. I am currently on night 3 of it happening for the 3rd time since he became a child and both he and the parents are very difficult to maintain as they are always tired now from having no way to sleep. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (2,113 Views)

Re: Monster under the bed reaction when it isn't there

Hero
@DantesPop Hm, I had several monsters since the patch and they were always there. Didn't have the money for a lamp though

Can you test if the lamp has anything to do with it (aka reaction but no monster) by removing it and see if it then acts normally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,066 Views)

Hero
@DantesPop Did you get a chance to test this with no lamp ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (2,036 Views)
Highlighted

Monster still come?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except spooky stufff and eco lifestyle pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs? .
What do you expect to see? .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, so when put thenight light on my sims scared to sleep. I know there are specific light for monster to get away that is Coolala, The Defender Wall Light. But monster still come? I do not see the monster though but my sims afraid to sleep. Same goes to toddlers, they are afraid to sleep. I do not have the picture of the toddlers though but there was no monster but afraid to sleep. Is it nightmare? This happened after I changed to Coolala light. Is it not working? Standard smile

Message 4 of 13 (2,075 Views)

Re: Monster still come?

★★★★ Guide
@mohammadali118 This happened to me not so long ago with the same night light but only once. My kid woke up complaining about a monster under his bed that was actually not even there. I didn't experience this again so I'm unsure if it's a bug or not.
Message 5 of 13 (2,062 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ashleena123 Yeah same case. I hope there is solution for this. Or update. I know there is a mod for it but I want the game fixed itself 😅
Message 6 of 13 (2,048 Views)

Hero
@mohammadali118 Merged this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (2,016 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Instead of removing the night light I moved the children into an adjacent room with no light since it was no longer in use. This room uses single beds instead of child beds. This will sound strange, but since moving them there have been no monster sightings at all. It has only been a few sim days since doing that so I still need to keep an eye on it.

Message 8 of 13 (1,977 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And... it happened again within a few more sim days from when I posted the last update. There is no lamp in the room, the children were sleeping in single beds, and they were both awakened at the same time and "Scared by Monster" but there is no monster under either bed nor are there any options to interact with it under either bed. I had the father spray the monster, but they still would not go to sleep. Same thing happened the following night. I thought, maybe its the beds and used the crafted children's bed, same issue. I finally just aged them up to make it stop, but I have toddler twins that ready to age up, so I am sure I will be seeing it again soon.

Message 9 of 13 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

As a further update, it follows the 3 days rule. 3 Days of monsters with 3 days no monsters with the next toddlers age up. 

Message 10 of 13 (1,910 Views)