by Siknevl

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Military: Can't get share war stories to show up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Strangerville, Get to Work, Relm of Magic, Vampires, Spa day, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff. Also Grims Goulish Guitar and Holiday Stuff (free items)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to share war stories in military career.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have tried to share war stories with another sim for months. I am stuck just before the last promotion. My objective is to share war stories. I found that I can only do this with another person in the military career. I have clicked on every sim in town, get to good friends with them and I still do not get the opportunity to pop up. I have tried at the bar, library and had guests in my home as well. It just never pops up.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see a popup during a conversation that allows me to discuss war stories.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have nothing to put here.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 5 (5,131 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Military: Can't get share war stories to show up

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s) and provide detail around the bug as requested below?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

And Is the sim in the Officer branch -> Brigadier which is Rank 9 when the bug was encountered?

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 5 (2,828 Views)

Share War Stories

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Reached penultimate rank on Military Career path and my daily task for promotion is “share war stories”. I’ve tried speaking with civilian and military sims and don’t get the option to do this. What am I missing. Please help. 

Message 3 of 5 (2,824 Views)

Re: Share War Stories

Hero
@Mothership75 I found an old bug report for this. Could you check the post above and potentially send your save to SimGuruRitzy

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (2,726 Views)

Re: Share War Stories

★★★ Newbie

Ensure that you are speaking to a military person in an officer's uniform,  click "more choices "  then Friendly, then "more choices" again and you should see Share War Stories. Again, ensure you are talking to an officer. Should be someone in the same uniform as you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,557 Views)