by 99publicidentity

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Message for investing money for a Sim not in household

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? [1]. Create many sim with a "Shrewd" trait. Create a household, play it, get a trait. Repeat. [2]. Mark all of them "unplayed", except your played household. [3]. Play with your played household for a week or long.
What happens when the bug occurs? After week passed, if there are unplayed household sim loaded in your lot(community,house,etc), you got this notification: "INTEREST EARNED (unplayed household sim name) earned $XYZ from investing this week". And my played household didn't get this notification(no investment money).
What do you expect to see? Don't show UNPLAYED household (I mean, other than current household I'm controlling)'s interest notification because I don't care. Unplayed sim = I don't play = don't care. Instead, this "shrewd" system should ONLY think about "current playing household", and give us appropriate money.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Filled in form properly

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 9 of 18 (9,631 Views)

[OPEN] Message for investing money for a Sim not in household

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi, so i was just playing the sims 4 and i got a notification saying " Gordon earned 346 from investing this week. " no one in my house hold is called gordon? and their surname isn't gordon either? Im so confused on how i got this notification, any ideas?

Message 1 of 18 (9,791 Views)

Re: Notification glitch? confused!

Hero

Do you have any other actively played family that has a Sim called Gordon ?

This sounds very familiar but I can't find the thread atm

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (9,779 Views)

★ Guide

No, i only have about 3 saves and none of them are Gordon, I just thought i would post, because I've never had this happen before and it was strange lol

Message 3 of 18 (9,774 Views)

Hero

Tagging @LadyAelswith for Feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (9,742 Views)

★ Guide

It happened again 

Message 5 of 18 (9,733 Views)

★ Guide

Also i'am unsure on how to share my saved game

Message 6 of 18 (9,732 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I think I have a similar experience. In my case, the sim who earned the interest was a grandmother of my sim. She’s already left my household, living with another family, but she came to my sim’s house for her grandchild’s birthday party. While her temporary stay, I got this notification. Since she used to be one of my actively playing sims, I knew her aspiration was Fabulously Wealthy and she got Shrewd trait as its reward when she completed it. I felt strange because she was no longer a member of my household but just a guest of party.

So, I thought Gordon and Lindsey could be NPC like party guest, maid, butler, mailman and so on. I just guess. I’m not sure anybody else on the streets near your lot could be included but if your house is big enough, somebody could have been there while the notification. I mean, somebody you were not aware.

FYI, I’ve never installed any unofficial contents like MOD or CC.

Message 7 of 18 (9,714 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (9,669 Views)

Hero

Merged old thread into new

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (9,515 Views)