by rottenmeier

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Master Maker Aspiration: Issues with several steps not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP, all GP, a lot of SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? testplay the game
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing. when i got to level 2 of the Master Maker Aspiration i had a lot of dyes in my inventory, but that didn't fullfill the aspiration, then i buyed some more dyes, also nothing. moving dyes into the invenory also did not check tha aspiration
What do you expect to see? that it works.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When i got to level 2 of the Master Maker Aspiration i had a lot of dyes in my inventory, but that didn't fullfill the stage of the aspiration, where i should own 5 dyes.
Then i buyed some more dyes, who knows, but also nothing. moving dyes into the invenory also did not check that stage of the aspiration.

so both new aspirations are not working. is anything working in this EP?

and will it also take ~3 years till this will be fixed as it took for the master vampire aspiration to (allegedly) be fixed?
do i need 3 years to actually be able tp play the product i bought? hmm?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (5,024 Views)

Re: Master Maker Aspiration is not counting Dyes

★★★★ Apprentice
@rottenmeier Mine counted the dyes but won't count the items I fabricate. I need to fabricate 5 items and I've done at least ten since I hit the milestone but it still stays at zero.
Message 2 of 12 (4,942 Views)

★ Guide

I've played 4 different saves now to test this and all 4 saves the dyes did not count against the aspiration requirement. All packs to date, no CC no Mods

Message 3 of 12 (4,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

a simday later  or so  it suddenly counted the dyes. sim did nothing related it was kind of random.

EDIT: it is ridiculous,  i'm trying to craft 5 required items, it did count the first 3, then it stopped.  maybe i need to wait another simday or a miraculous amount of simtime to make it count? idk. it's not fun.

not every item you produce counts as item, just some do?  one of the rugs did not,  the upgrade part did?

(merged a few post together) - Atic 

Edit: 
adding some more:  collecting bio fuel from the insects farm does not count for the aspiration (maybe it will cound in some sim future or after a random event but not  right away)

Message 4 of 12 (4,888 Views)

Re: Broken Aspiration

★★★★ Apprentice
@SharpiePrincess6 The other new aspiration, Master Maker or whatever, is doing the same for me. It says to fabricate 5 items but never gives me credit for the things I fabricate. So I guess both new aspirations are broken.
Message 5 of 12 (4,831 Views)

Re: Broken Aspiration

Hero
@kidlitwriter Moving this over to the thread for Master Maker

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (4,801 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Master Maker Aspiration: Issues with several steps not fulfill

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I just found out that I had to travel to other places besides my home lot and then the achievements would show. However when going back to my home lot the achievements show as not completed again. Traveled to the bar and they showed up again. Im going to try to complete the last one of collecting bugs and travel and see if the level moves up

Message 7 of 12 (4,722 Views)

bug in the master maker

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco life , university, island living , seasons , pets , go to work / realm of magic , jungle adventure , parenthood, outdor . tiny living , toddler staff ,kid staff .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims is has the master maker , i have the list of things to do .. he done them and suddleny it all on zero for example - get to level 7 in crafting and he is level 8 ! he made more than 5 candles..
What do you expect to see? the real numbers !
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

please look at the pictures and see the problem! thats not ok...

Message 8 of 12 (4,683 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Master Maker Aspiration: Issues with several steps not fulfill

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 12 (4,516 Views)

★ Apprentice

The traveling tip helped me out (was buying the dyes at Knox Greenberg’s place as my Sim lives on that shipping crate off-the-grid lot).  Also, buying 5 dyes of the same color and then traveling back to my home lot worked—got the aspiration achievement of “Have 5 Dyes” to register.  Hope this helps someone else.

Message 10 of 12 (4,157 Views)