by Saihyou

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Makeup sliders revert back to default in Live Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but a few
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a custom makeup swatch and go in game
What happens when the bug occurs? Custom makeup swatches/sliders not showing up in game
What do you expect to see? Sliders working in CAS and in game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if other people are having this problem but when for example turning down the opacity on a lipstick swatch, it works fine in CAS but reverts back to it's original color once in game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 5 of 42 (7,025 Views)

makeup displaying differently in CAS and in game

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All minus star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put makeup on a sim and customise it. I believe I changed the all settings (hue, saturation, brightness and opacity etc). Then go in-game with a sim. I noticed it happening most with basegame lipsticks
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of makeup displaying as it does in CAS, it's different. I'm not sure if it's the original unedited swatch or something completely different.
What do you expect to see? Makeup should display in game as it does in CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

see above.

Message 1 of 42 (6,876 Views)

Re: makeup displaying differently in CAS and in game

Hero
@PlumbobDan Does it happen to all colors/makeup or just specific ones?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (6,849 Views)

★★ Novice

I unfortunately can't confirm if it's the case for everything or just a select few as I'm colour-blind, so I only notice when there's a dramatic difference like the lipstick in the image attached. 

The bug appeared on 5 different basegame pieces of makeup that I had used on different outfits on my sim. Outside of that I don't know.

Message 3 of 42 (6,839 Views)

Hero
@PlumbobDan I tried this with one Sim and to me they look the same but maybe you could upload your Sim to the gallery so I can check on that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (6,802 Views)

Re: CAS makeup sliders not showing in game

Hero
@bellsx00 Did you test without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (7,008 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yes, the same problem happens

Message 7 of 42 (6,984 Views)

Hero
@bellsx00 I tested this in my game and the makeup stuck for me in live mode.

Does it happen with any makeup or specific ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 42 (6,976 Views)

★ Guide

For me, I'm having make-up change color. What it does is somehow create a new palette on its own, and when it does that I can't delete it at all. Then it gets really bad and creeps into other areas and body parts... I'm going to make a separate post about this soon, but figured I'd add my issue here for CAS makeup misbehaving.

Message 9 of 42 (6,971 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Nothing specific, all custom makeup I do.
Message 10 of 42 (6,967 Views)