Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [MWS] Strange smoke at roof of Thebe Estate in Tartosa

by rlc77

Original Post

Re: [MWS] Strange smoke at roof of Thebe Estate in Tartosa

Community Manager (retired)

@rlc77 Could you possibly share your save file where you're seeing this occur? Your Config.log would probably be useful as well (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4). You can DM me the link to your files, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 17 (603 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick Thanks for your reply. I sent you the link to my files.
Message 12 of 17 (578 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The smoke is still in the game.  One of the four chimneys on the roof of Thebe Estate lot has smoke coming out it.  The other three do not and the fireplaces are not lit.  It only shows up in cold weather just like the smoke at the chimneys of the shell buildings in the town.  Any movement on this issue yet?

Message 13 of 17 (386 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue in my game. At first I thought it was some invisible chimney on that lot, but after bulldozing the Thebe mansion, I put some other build here, the smoke still exists. I play my game in fall season. So would it be some fix to this glitch? it's really weird seeing the smoke coming from nowhere above Thebe in the sky even playing from other lots at Tartosa.

Message 14 of 17 (356 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RichMeSuperRich Thank you so much for replying to this. I'm sorry you are having this issue but I'm glad someone else finally noticed it. I hope this will get fixed at some point but who knows. If you see the chimneys on the shell buildings in town with smoke coming out of the chimneys, it will be visible on the Thebe Estate lot too, any time it's cold. I imagine there is some debug smoke objects that they use for the shell buildings that got used on this lot but I can't find it in debug and I can't delete it. If you watch the build video of the game changer who built it she says that she used a bunch of debug stuff but they made her remove it from the final build. My theory is that something didn't get deleted. I wish if the game changers are given the opportunity to build for the game that they would at least follow Maxis' rules so these thing don't happen. This may never get fixed and I can't not see it now.
Message 15 of 17 (344 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This problem is still present in the game. I bulldozed the lot from manage worlds in spring and moved in my sim the following winter. The smoke was immediately present. I was hoping to build a legacy mansion there, but I guess that's gonna have to be done elsewhere, unless I wanna have phantom smoke appearing. Such a shame as it's a very nice lot otherwise.

Message 16 of 17 (225 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue on PS4. Got rid of the chimneys because I only kept one of the fireplaces. Disappointing that bulldozing the lot won't fix it. It was an option I was considering. Thought maybe it was a shrunk down item I couldn't locate placed for additional effect, or maybe an invisible emitter like that one set of lights that vanishes when you leave build mode, but looks like its a bug judging by this thread.

Message 17 of 17 (191 Views)