by catloverplayer

Original Post

[OPEN] [MWS] Sims can't get married at City Hall

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 184.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get engaged sims married at City Hall.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction keeps dropping and cancelling out.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able for my sims to get married at City Hall without the interaction cancelling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

City Hall is broken in my game. I've tried old saves and new saves. Resetting City Hall or the Sims doesn't work. Clicking Get married to at City Hall just cancels out. They can however use it to go to the bathroom. This is happening 100% of the time with various engaged couples and different and new saves. I have mods but thier disabled in my game so that couldn't be it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. Please add pack tags yourself so I don't have to break the template. 

Message 1 of 38 (8,505 Views)

Re: Sims can't get married at City Hall

Hero
@catloverplayer Did you try having them both in front of the building and then click on the interaction ? That worked fine for me when I last tried.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (8,432 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes I did.
Message 3 of 38 (8,426 Views)

Hero
@catloverplayer I just tried again and it's working for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (8,426 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Someone else on Twitter mentioned its not working for them either.
Message 5 of 38 (8,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@catloverplayer Did you try on console ?

Just saying I can't duplicate personally.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (8,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict No. https://twitter.com/EmmaRoseScott/status/1497190173402042371?t=Z4Isp1tmG4AfjgrMp-vGOQ&s=19

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 7 of 38 (8,408 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Are you sure City Hall is open when you are trying to get married there?  

Message 8 of 38 (8,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Can confirm that this is happening to me. No mods, repaired game, city hall is open, etc. I could have sworn I had it work once though, not sure what was up with that.

Okay, it works for me if I get my sims engaged in game. Not if I set them as fiance in CAS.

Message 9 of 38 (8,198 Views)

★★ Guide
@CCuteCCabaret Oh Gooness I hope they will fix CAS engaged sims. I kind of thought this was what was causing this issue.
Message 10 of 38 (8,153 Views)