by Zitiache

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [MWS] More than 2 brides and/or grooms

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu (yes, I have wedding stories)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, have non-bride/groom sims in a household, use the calendar to plan a wedding event (or multiple)
What happens when the bug occurs? Non-bride/groom sims becoming a part of the wedding as a bride or groom
What do you expect to see? A monogamous wedding
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought wedding stories. It's a bug with wedding stories

So yeah, lots of bugs with with wedding stories, I know, I don't if anyone has gotten this one though (Not even sure what to search to find it... or if I want to find it)

So I made a family for the new pack, I wanted a sim who had parents because there were those family gathering events (which I guess doesn't matter, you can invite anyone) and I wanted my sim to find a fiance in case there was a special proposal event (there is not). So my sim proposed to the flower stall guy (Faiz Jaleel) and planned out several days of events (which up until the wedding went okay... i.e. bare minimum). I noticed at first I couldn't edit an event once the day was scheduled, I thought I would have to cancel and reschedule ($1,000 down the drain). Turns out I can change it... just not with the bride. For some reason wedding planning duties shifted to her mom or dad, so I thought okay, I'll edit the wedding through the parents. At some point the calendar started showing the father twice in the wedding details panel, (you can see it in my screenshot) thought it was a visual bug and ignored it. I had added a wedding cake for the event the day before (which yes, it spoiled) but I wanted to check the details. And now we get to the screenshot: it said there were 3 sims listed under bride and groom, I wondered what was going on, clicked... and it listed the bride, groom, and bride's father as the ones getting married... I pressed on, once again hoping it was a visual bug, and went on to the wedding. Ignoring the fact that most of my guests didn't show up and my bridal party immediately left (and yes, they were in plain clothes) leaving my household, the groom and Bjorn Bjergsen (I had made the rest of his family part of the bridal part but not him, and he was the only one who stayed... If I do this again he'll be my best man) But the dad was labeled as the groom when I hovered over him (the actual groom was still the groom also, and the bride was the bride). As the dad, I could click on his daughter and the spousal kiss option was there... I did not click that option. As the daughter I clicked on the wedding arch to exchange vows and hoped she did so with her fiance and not her dad, and fortunately it did. So yeah, disaster wedding... did anything similar happen with anyone else?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 5 (696 Views)

Re: More than 2 brides and/or grooms

Hero
@Zitiache With which Sim did you plan the event at first ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (602 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could you possibly share a save file where you've seen this occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing saves: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (553 Views)

★ Apprentice

It should have been the daughter. the game automatically assigns the bride and groom. If it was the dad, it would be with him and the mom (and it would be a vow renewal I think)

Message 4 of 5 (527 Views)

Hero
@Zitiache Just wondering where it bugged out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (504 Views)