[FIXED] [MWS] Blue square when planning wedding

by simlightened

Original Post

Can't plan wedding events

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I click on "plan a wedding event" on the phone, the menu that pops up is blank and I can't do anything. Meaning, the whole wedding pack doesn't work. I also can't invite sims to go on a date.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't go on dates, and I can't plan any type of wedding event.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to plan the wedding events and get the option to invite sims to go on dates.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the patch that was supposed to fix the game pack My Wedding Stories.

I'm not using any mods. I did a clean install of the game, but the bug is still happening to every household that I play.

Message 31 of 71 (4,974 Views)

Re: Can't plan wedding events

Hero
@sweetpotatoslap I merged your post with the main thread.

Could you try if travelling with the Sim fixes the issue like it has for others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 71 (4,935 Views)

Re: Can't plan wedding events

★★ Novice

It worked, thanks for the help.

Message 33 of 71 (4,918 Views)

Sim can't plan wedding/menu not working

★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Game Packs: My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decor, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Stuff Packs: Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden Movie Night, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party Kits: Decor to the Max, Blooming Rooms, Modern Menswear, Incheon Arrivals
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the Add Wedding button on the calendar.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a blank/blue screen with no option to select a wedding event.
What do you expect to see? Wedding event menu that lets me plan weddings, receptions, bach parties etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I try to plan a wedding with the My Wedding Stories pack, my menu is completely blank. I can plan other events like birthday parties but the wedding menu doesn't work. I attached a screenshot of what I see. I've tried repairing the game and turned off mods but the error still shows up.

I noticed this doesn't happen with every sim. It seems the sim's fiancee can plan a wedding but my male sim for some reason can't. I haven't tried playing through the whole thing yet but I wanted to share my screenshot before I did. If anyone's familiar with this bug, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 34 of 71 (4,886 Views)

Re: Sim can't plan wedding/menu not working

Hero
@LazyCatCorner I merged your post with the main thread.

Could you try if travelling with the Sim fixes the issue like it has for others ?

Please also make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 71 (4,850 Views)

Re: Sim can't plan wedding/menu not working

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I traveled with my sim and it worked. Thanks for the tip and I'll be sure to click the me too button!
Message 36 of 71 (4,818 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [MWS] Blue square when planning wedding through calendar

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 71 (4,772 Views)

Unable to Plan wedding events

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, city living, university, cats & dogs, cottage living, my wedding stories, dine out, spa, get famous, get together, island living, seasons, snowy escape, outdoor retreat, parenthood,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to phone and select plan wedding event
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to plan a wedding event the menu is empty
What do you expect to see? The menu with options of events
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent update

sims.png

As pictured above, since I installed the update today I have been unable to plan any wedding events. The menu is completely blank

Message 38 of 71 (4,690 Views)

'Plan A Wedding Event' Wedding Stories Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, My Wedding Stories, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With the Wedding Stories pack, attempt to plan a wedding event through the phone or calendar.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I select 'Plan A Wedding Event' either through the phone or calendar, only a blank screen appears that says "Description Goes Here", leaving me unable to plan any kind of wedding event.
What do you expect to see? All the optional wedding events to select from, and the ability the plan the event.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got a new system. I was originally playing on a Lenovo Ideapad with very poor specs, and I was able to plan events. After getting a new and better system (HP AMD Ryzen 3 with an integrated Radeon Vega 8 graphics card), the glitch began.

What I see after selecting 'Plan A Wedding Event'. I removed all mods from my game, repaired my game, and updated my system, but the issue persists. 

Message 39 of 71 (4,580 Views)

Wedding Event Planner Broken

★★★★ Novice

*Sorry if this was already posted somewhere, I couldn't seem to find it. 

Before I start, I have no mods or cc downloaded and meet the minimum and recommended settings.

I was trying to plan a wedding event for my sims but the menu doesn't appear. All other events open but if I try to plan any wedding event the screen is blank?

Capture.PNG

Message 40 of 71 (4,344 Views)