[FIXED] [MWS] Blue square when planning wedding

by simlightened

Original Post

Re: Cannot plan a wedding event in calendar

Hero
Would anyone mind sending me a save with this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 71 (1,753 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem, tried to remove all the mods but did not work anyway. Then tried to create a new family in the same savings file, this worked and these Sims could get married after they got engaged and had the engagement ceremony. Went back to my family and tried again but still did not work.

Message 12 of 71 (1,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I tested a save and was able to fix the issue by travelling to another lot and back.

The root cause of this might be mods so make sure all your mods are updated. Removing them doesn't seem to solve the issue unless you travel.

EDIT: Not sure what's causing this but def not a mod as there are console reports. Could be related to the issue the mountain event has

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 71 (11,111 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't mind sending you a Save where the problem occurred, but fair warning that I can't get it to replicate again. Seems to work okay from the phone option, but then after having planned one wedding event via the phone, the calendar option reenabled.

Message 14 of 71 (1,661 Views)

Hero
@ForeverCamp If it's working, then I don't need the save. As said above. I tested one save and travelling fixed the issue on that one. So maybe that's what happened for you too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 71 (1,651 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict That's what I'm thinking at this point. Seems to hold it through new saves as well, as I tried to go into a completely new save file and couldn't replicate it again.

Message 16 of 71 (1,646 Views)

Hero
@ForeverCamp Do you have any mods (or had them and removed) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 71 (1,637 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did, but did take them out and deleted caches before launching a new save file.

Message 18 of 71 (1,613 Views)

Unable to plan a wedding using new kit

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but a few
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to calendar and try to plan wedding event and the screen comes up blank and says add description here
What happens when the bug occurs? the screen comes up blank and says add description here
What do you expect to see? details to plan the wedding
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tried adding a picture but would not allow me. There's a blank screen when trying to plan a wedding event through the calendar. Please advise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12K07J1kp_eJq8IdeANjf1DhWqTGviYSD/view?usp=sharing

Message 19 of 71 (1,657 Views)

Re: Unable to plan a wedding using new kit

Hero
@giggleszb your screenshot is set to private. Could you make it public ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 71 (1,618 Views)