Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MWS] Blue square when planning wedding

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Incheon Arrivals Kit, Country Kitchen Kit, My Wedding Stories, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Strangerville, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, and Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By clicking on the "add wedding event" button in the calendar menu
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to plan a wedding event in the calendar, the image is messed up and I cannot plan anything.
What do you expect to see? The list of wedding/social event options, the preview image, and the descriptions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This did not happen until the most recent patch on 3/15/22

Whenever I try to plan a wedding event in the calendar menu (as it goes into the "plan an event" mode) the UI/visual seems to be messed up. It does not show the list of wedding events to plan, images, or the description. I can't select or see anything if I click the arrow button in the bottom right corner. This didn't start until the most recent patch on 3/15/22.

I currently do not have any mods in my game and I already tried to use the Origin "repair" function. Not sure where to go from here, so any help/advice is appreciated! Standard smile

wedding event bug.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 71 (11,707 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wedding menu glitched out

Hero

That pesky empty blue screen is no more! You’ll be able to plan wedding events through the phone or calendar now that the menus show up as intended

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 71 of 71 (1,680 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cannot plan a wedding event in calendar

Hero
@simlightened Does it also happen on a new save after you removed you rmods (and deleted localthumbcache) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 71 (11,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not a fix but a workaround; going to the location you want the event at and then planning it there works. Had the same exact screen as you trying to plan a Bach party and I just ended up going to the nightclub. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 71 (11,556 Views)

Hero
@twiggy84 Is this on a game without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 71 (11,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is not. 

Message 5 of 71 (11,479 Views)

Hero
@twiggy84 Could you test without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 71 (11,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sure, will do when I get home today. I should mention that since I did this it has worked as it's supposed to every time after. Did the workaround by taking my female sim's group to the location then planning there but I've done a Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding and Reception since, one planned through the calendar and the other two through the phone and everything has worked as it's supposed to.

Message 7 of 71 (11,460 Views)

★★★ Novice

So sorry for my delay in reply! I plan on trying this out later today, and will update on whether the workaround works for my game! Standard smile

Message 8 of 71 (11,394 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem 

I want to have the event at my house so how do I plan the event from there?

Message 9 of 71 (11,352 Views)

★ Guide

My mods are all updated and none is causing this problem. I have the same issue. This game is just a piece of *. They put zero effort into quality control. It’s absolutely disgusting how buggy this pack is and how little they fix with patches. The EAs response is blame it on the mods. Well it’s not the mods. In my experience mods is why this effing game is even running. So if anyone knows a mod that can fix this I’d appreciate it. Because 60% of my mods are just game fixes at this point. Mods that fix every pack except for maybe 1 or 2 that ever came out. Quality is just getting worse with each pack. Bugs, stupid design and glitches are just piling on. And the game every time goes: did you try without mods, and my answers always is yes. It works even worse. The only thing the devs at ea care about is if looks pretty. It doesn’t work but you can look at it. 

Message 10 of 71 (11,318 Views)