by samsmomie24

Original Post

[OPEN] [MFPSP] Healthy Small Pet die from neglect/ Wrong Message

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? I was playing and my child sim got sad bc a baby was whisked away but we have no baby. Also, her hamster died from neglect but the levels were all full and I had just checked if it could be fed and there was no option. Also. I'm getting bills everyday and everytime I open my save I have a new prompt that my sim is now maxed out on a random skill. Pets keep vanishing. Time jumps. It will be 5:00, then suddenly it's 8:00.
What do you expect to see? Not those things.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have some hair, clothing, and jewelry ccs. I have tried to repair the game numerous times and delete cache. Everyday there is something new. I haven't even listed it all. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base game version

Message 1 of 46 (8,537 Views)

Re: Baby whisked away but I have no baby.

Hero
@samsmomie24 Did you get a message with that or just the sad moodlet ?

Do you have a backup from before both happened so you can try again if it happens without any cc at all ?

Did the child get sad multiple times after being not sad anymore ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 46 (8,486 Views)

★ Guide

I had the same issue with a hamster. My spellcaster went to the magic world and when she returned I got the notification that the hamster died of starvation though he was happily playing around and he wasn't out of food. When I hovered over the habitat the hunger line was gone but after feeding him a treat all went back to normal.

Message 3 of 46 (8,455 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue with the mouse/rat. Got a notification that it passed away from neglect, but it didn't actually die, and my sims can continue to interact with it. Both of them god the 'whisked away' moodlet for 4 hours after the notification popped up.

Message 4 of 46 (8,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NevisDreams @pixeldollhouse

Could you please create a new thread for the small pets ? I'd like to keep this for the baby message

Did you also get a baby whisked away message for the hamster ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 46 (8,390 Views)

★ Guide

'Baby whisked away' is what the false sad small pet died moodlet says.

Message 6 of 46 (8,382 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I'm assuming the moodlet was from the hamster dying even though it shouldn't have been hungry and I had no option to feed it. Regardless, I sold the cage and bought a new one. Both my child and the adult had sad moodlets but they are gone now and it didn't happen again. For some reason when a rodent dies we are getting a "baby whisked away" notification since the new update. 

Message 7 of 46 (8,341 Views)

Sim Gets Moodlet that Baby's Taken Away after a Notification that a Hamster Died

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, and Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a hamster, rat, etc. and wait for a day or so and a notification will pop up that it died.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a notification that my sim's hamster died and then my sim gets a sad moodlet that a baby got "whisked away". She does not have any children, and she can still interact and play with her supposedly dead hamster.
What do you expect to see? 1. That the hamster is either actually dead or I don't get a notification saying it is. 2. She gets the correct moodlet for a dead hamster.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have only experienced this once because only one of my households has a rodent, so I don't know how often it happens.

Message 8 of 46 (8,304 Views)

Re: Sim Gets Moodlet that Baby's Taken Away after a Notification that a Hamster

Hero
@Player321098 Was the pet actually neglected for you and died or just the message ?

Merging this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 46 (8,264 Views)

Re: Sim Gets Moodlet that Baby's Taken Away after a Notification that a Hamster

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict i has the same issue with playing on ps4. It does not happen often but when it does, the habitat is full of food (cannot feed more) and the rodent is happily playing inside. However all the sims (and other pets) get sad moodlet that the baby was whisked away. Even though there’s no kids on the property.
Message 10 of 46 (8,189 Views)