Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [MFPSP] Healthy Small Pet die from neglect/ Wrong Message

by Dannakyri

Original Post

Dead hamster triggers stolen baby moodlet

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC except Eco, Knitting, and the Star Wars thing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Buy hamster 2. Let hamster starve to death
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets moodlet for baby being taken away (same as when social service take babies)
What do you expect to see? I don't expect a critter to trigger feelings about babies
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

While messing around trying to troubleshoot the broken decor thing I forgot my sims had a hamster. Sadly Hammy paid the price.

For some reason this triggered my sim to be sad about a lost baby, even though she didn't have any notable relationship to the critter (according to her relationship panel).

Sims4_hamster_baby.jpg

Message 21 of 47 (1,270 Views)

Re: Dead hamster triggers stolen baby moodlet

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Merged your post.

QA is looking for saves on this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 47 (1,265 Views)

Unknown baby, undead hammy, and crashing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm playing a family with no babies/kids and yet they got a neglect moodlet that repeats after it goes away. and at the same time, my hamster "dies" even though you can watch him run around in his cage just fine. It popped up right as I was going to save it and I didn't catch it till after. I thought the hamster dying just made them sad. Now both the notice of the death and the baby neglect thing are repeating until the game crashes. I don't know what to do.

Oh I'm on PC and using Origin

Message 23 of 47 (1,282 Views)

Re: Unknown baby, undead hammy, and crashing

Hero
@babydee94 Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 47 (1,251 Views)

★★★ Guide

Okay this just got weirder... looking for the right save to send to Nick, but despite two messages that Hammy has died, he is very much still in his cage...

Message 25 of 47 (1,239 Views)

I just had this issue for the first time ever, on a new PC. Here is the link to my save file where it happens: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ySFXqC5BON3A6zmuLgXF7esW8_A5aJw/view?usp=sharing The actual event happens a bit further down the line from where the save is - there are notes in the link description! Hope this helps, Nick et. al.!

Message 26 of 47 (1,196 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here. A message about the hamster dying of starvation, but when looking at the habitat, the hamster is running around busily and healthy. The Hunger line from the hoverover information had vanished, and everyone (adult, teen, children, even toddler) had that four hour sad moodlet for Baby Whisked Away.

After feeding the hamster a treat, the Hunger line returned to the hoverover, and seems the hamster is fine, but the moodlets didn't vanish. 

I have also noticed that the 'fill food' option does indeed stay too long greyed out. It used to empty at the same pace as 'clean habitat' need did, but lately I've been seeing just 'clean habitat' and very very rarely that 'fill food' one. I think when my sims keep feeding the hamster treats that will cover for the lack of actual food, but it doesn't explain why the critter doesn't actually die of the claimed starvation but just keeps running around. Nor does it explain why everyone thinks it was a baby.

I have all the packs, the save was started in January 2021, I use SimsInfo and NoMosaicBlur mods.

Message 27 of 47 (1,165 Views)

★★ Apprentice

me too. Game told me 3 times in a short span my hamsters had died but it was very much alive and no one else in the household seemed to notice.

Message 28 of 47 (1,162 Views)

Re: Hedgehog dies out of starvation but lives.

★★ Apprentice

Yes.  Me too! I got like 3 or 4 messages in a row that my hamster had died but he was very much alive and no one in the house seemed to think he was dead and then later  I had a house full of people super depressed about a neglected baby being taken away that had never existed.  I thought I was alone in this strangeness. I just blamed in on the upcoming poltergeist.

Message 29 of 47 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am seeing this in my game.  I have the March 2021 patch installed.

03-23-21_2-34-01 PM.png

Message 30 of 47 (1,093 Views)