[NEEDS SAVES] Lot with lifted terrain will not rotate

by kpoplover77878

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Lot with lifted terrain will not rotate

★★★★ Novice

It looks like I won't be downloading anymore houses with modified terrain from the gallery if they are forever stuck facing one direction...

Message 11 of 20 (1,853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been having the issue lately of terrain just disappearing.  I will build something ,use the terrain tools, like putting down a path/walkway, save, go to world mode and when I click on the home to either play or build all the terrain work is gone. So I have to put it back in, and I've noticed that sometimes they disappear when I upload them to the gallery as well... 

I didn't see a topic about disappearing terrains, don't know how to start one, and this seems about on par with the terrain bug issue.

Message 12 of 20 (1,830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with a lot that I built using the terrain tools, as I wanted to place it on a different lot/neighbourhood before uploading to the gallery. I keep getting "conflicting terrain constraints" as the terrain doesn't rotate with the entire lot. Would like to see this addressed as this is an issue that results due to the terrain tools being used.

Message 13 of 20 (1,688 Views)

Re: Lot with lifted terrain will not rotate

★★★★★ Newbie
@SheraKinz Bulldozing the terrain totally fixed the issue for me, thanks!
Message 14 of 20 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had the same problem with placing lots from the gallery with manipulated terrains and I was so so sad for month that I couldn't use any of them because they keep placing backwards ..

But I maybe stumbled over a work around for some of these lots today.

I wanted to place a gallery lot in Brindleton Bay at 'Chateau Frise' (40x40) and had the same problem again... But after a thought or two I placed this lot at 'Hound's Head' (64x64) to try rotating it on a larger lot and it works! After rotating it in the preferred direction i saved the lot and placed it again at 'Chateau Frise' and now it faces the right direction and it still has the creators terrain modifications on it.

Greetings and sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes .. English is not my first language.

Message 15 of 20 (1,413 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This still isn't fixed. Working on an ol Tudor Estate I build a while ago, and bringing it back to life and it only shows in the Gallery as backwards, esnuring no one will pay it any mind. I did not pull it from the Gallery or a save. I just simply went back to rework the home and suddenly it displays backwards. It's on a 64x64 lot and using every square inch. I moved it to a couple of different 64x64 lots and got it to place sideways on one, backwards on all of the others. Still no good. 

Bulldozing terrain did nothing. Getting rid of external stairs did nothing. I can't rotate just the house because of the terrain and it wouldn't rotate anyway, because of the terrain. There are no lots larger than 64x64 so I can't move it elsewhere to fix it. 

Is this simply months and months of work wasted, now? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? I can't tell you how frustrated I am with this, in any words that won't get me in trouble. =( 

Message 16 of 20 (1,345 Views)

★ Novice

I've experienced something similar. I've been working on my lot for awhile. Its a 3 house, town house block. 40×30, terrain is lowered to have a down hill driveway, up stairs front door look. (Hopefully the image is shown) It won't show an option or allow me to rotate the lot at all. Even when I "bulldoze terrain" and remove the items that are highlighted yellow when moving lot. Ive tried on several different plots and even a brand new save, butnothing works and I literally CANNOT redo it. It took me sooo long that I'd rather abandon the project than redo it. On the ps4 so I definitely don't have CC or any mods, just a few extra packs. I've tweeted simgurus about it and searched online for solutions, nothing.

Message 17 of 20 (1,290 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My game even crashes when I try to rotate or even shift a lot. The lot I have tried to rotate or move has lifted terrain, so it might be the same bug. I haven't tried any other lots yet.

If I place the lot on a larger lot like diemilchschnitte suggested (thank you!) I can move and rotate it. This has me thinking that it may have something to do with raised terrain at the edges of the lot. I can also move and rotate the large lot while placing it on a small plot. If I try to rotate or move it after having placed it the first time, the game crashes again. 

I use a PC, no mods and no CC.

Message 18 of 20 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem but it is only the house. Every time it comes up with an error saying "can't place outside the boundary of the lot". There is no changes with the terrain, it is completely flat.
Message 19 of 20 (1,038 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank You.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 20 (985 Views)