Last Exception only occurs in Legacy Save (cpp_message)

by burpingtacos

Original Post

Re: Last exception error

Hero
@Rachel26483 Are you still having issues after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 81 (2,203 Views)

Bodybuilder Aspiration Milestone not completing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP05: 1.assets.live-gp05.216
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, vampires, toddlers, parenthood, realm of magic, laundry day, movie hang out, cool kitchen, Cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, dine out, StrangerVille, vintage glamour, bowling night, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having a Sim with the fitness aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? The “Spend 10 Hours Exercising” goal is not accumulating hours.
What do you expect to see? The hours accumulating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game and downloaded Toddlers and Cats & Dogs

• I’m not interested in using cheats at the moment. This did not use to occur until I updated the game, and then installed Toddlers and Cats and Dogs. 
Message 72 of 81 (2,226 Views)

Re: Bodybuilder Aspiration Milestone not completing

Hero
@Nadiyah1299 I merged your thread with the main thread for this. I'm going a bit out of a limb here but since it's the x hours one you're having issues with, it's very likely to be this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 81 (2,193 Views)

mc_lastexception.html File

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? EP08 -1 Assets.beta.ep08.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but Dream Home, Grim's guitar, Courtyard Oasis, Bust the Dust, Throwback Fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure why it is occurring
What happens when the bug occurs? MCCC exception error Last Module Called: cpp_message.py Last Function Called: getitem Error message: Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (IndexError: list assignment index (0) out of range), CategoryID: cpp_message:167
What do you expect to see? I don't expect to see this error, if I start a new save, the error does not occur
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I went back thru my game, to individual familes where the the error displayed, what I found was, 

Willa in Glimmerbrook had the Family Aspiration-Successful Lineage

aspiration, also a Spell Caster

Gianna  Glimmerbrook   Big Happy Family, also a Spell Caster

Rhett Sr Forgotten Hollow,  Sucessful Lineage  Spell Caster

Sara  Brindelton Bay  Successful Lineage   NOT a Spell Caster

Skyla  Glimmerbrook  Successful Lineage   NOT a Spell Caster

Once I used the MCCC Cheats to complete the aspiration, saved the game and went back in the error was gone

some of the kids from Willa and Rhett Sr had cheats in their skills,  the others did not

Message 74 of 81 (2,197 Views)

Not able to complete body builder aspiration

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars game pack, courtyard oasis kit pack and spooky stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a sim the body builder aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? I was able to complete the first 2 milestones of this aspiration but it won’t let me get passed the 3rd on and the only thing I have to complete is the exercise for 10 hours and it won’t allow me to complete it. It’s stuck on 1 out of 10 hours
What do you expect to see? I have made my sim do multiple ways of exercising for long periods of time and the number of hours still isn’t going up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe it was the cottage living update that had caused it

In the first picture it shows that it’s 4:30 am and my sim just started her workout. The 1st video second attachment it goes up to 5:30 am and the amount of hours on her aspiration did not increase the 3rd attachment 2nd video it shows her pushing the limits until 6:30 am and the hours still did not increase 

Message 75 of 81 (2,163 Views)

Re: Not able to complete body builder aspiration

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HinataLove22 Do you get this LastException: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-LE-for-Family-Aspiration/td-p/7958790 ?

NVM, console can't check for LEs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 76 of 81 (2,148 Views)
Highlighted

Last Exception only occurs in Legacy Save (cpp_message)

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack, every stuff pack, and every game pack excluding Journey to Batuu. I have no Kits installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up any save. Error occurs about every 3 minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? A last exception error comes up as soon as I load my legacy gameplay save. and continuously pops up frequently. When I try to load any other save, I don't get any errors.
What do you expect to see? To not get an error. Whenever I load up a different save, I don't get an error. It only happens in my legacy save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

file:///C:/Users/ratli/OneDrive/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%204/BE-ExceptionReport.html

*Would like to state once again that this only occurs in my Legacy Save File.

*I have already tried repairing the game through Origin.

*I have already tried deleting my cache files and the localthumbcache.package file

*The only mod I have is the BetterExceptions by TwistedMexi. This notifies be when the error has occured.

Message 77 of 81 (2,166 Views)

Re: Last Exception only occurs in Legacy Save (cpp_message)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@burpingtacos Could you post the actual LE created by the game ? You can find it in your doc folder.

Just c/p the content or upload the lastException.txt file as a rar file.

Does anything else happen in your game other than the LE ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 81 (2,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Oh right, apologies. Here is the exception:

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<BetterExceptions><BEversion>v2.03</BEversion><WasBlank>False</WasBlank><TuningLoadFinished>True</TuningLoadFinished><BadObjectCC>False</BadObjectCC><Advice>Not available. More info may be in BE Report.</Advice></BetterExceptions><report><version>2</version><sessionid>18defe9a8461e8b26116be2c</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-08-13 14:48:07</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.77.146.1030-1.200.000.521.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>cpp_message.py:167</categoryid><desyncid>18defe9a8461e8b26116be2c</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (IndexError: list assignment index (0) out of range)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 209, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 480, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1549, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1248, in on_enter&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 1073, in start_aspiration_tracker_on_instantiation&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 169, in initialize_aspiration&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 152, in _activate_aspiration&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 186, in process_test_events_for_aspiration&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 241, in process_test_events_for_objective_updates&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 375, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspiration_tuning.py", line 65, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_data_tracker.py", line 242, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\objective_tuning.py", line 1115, in run_test&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 935, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 129, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 296, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests_with_data.py", line 1174, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\google\protobuf\internal\cpp_message.py", line 167, in __getitem__&#13;&#10;IndexError: list assignment index (0) out of rangertim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 12.55&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,102,48654&#13; &#10;Modded: True&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19043 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 nvldumdx.dll 30.0.14.7141, GUID: D7B71E3E-5C48-11CF-6968-59A50EC2D335&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Nothing else happens, just keep getting this error. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Spoiler Tags

Message 79 of 81 (2,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@burpingtacos Do any of your Sim have the family/angler or sports aspiration ?

If so, try changing the aspiration to see if that helps.

It's probably this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-LE-for-Family-Angler-Athetic-Aspiration/td-p/79587...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 81 (2,130 Views)