[FIXED] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes

by LisaLadybirD82

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Anyone else have something like this happening with the same bug? 
washerbug_crop.pngNeedless to say, there is no laundry inside so the washing machine is unusable as of now. *sigh* I do have MCCC but I can't see how it would cause this. Resetting or going to another lot didn't fix it. Kinda figures bc it seems to have stuck with "laundry inside" state and I guess it just won't reset the state by resetting the object.. I wish it would.
(P.S. I find these CSS/HTML options for displaying posts here on the forum quite hilarious :DD I love this layout right here xD)

edit: not so funny anymore because after trying to see if putting the washer in family inventory would help (NOPE but at some point it completely disappeared when I moved it to a different spot Raised eyebrow), the game seemed worryingly laggy in live mode so I decided to "save and quit game".. -> it went to limbo and after 10 min I had to force quit and I lost 2 sim days worth of gameplay. -> Beer 

Message 81 of 388 (1,501 Views)

★★ Guide

@siirysiir  please fill out the form.
Mods can cause all sorts of issues, related to the mod or not. (Not saying it IS the cause, but remove the mods & see if the issue is still there)
But please fill out the form, stating the mods you DO use and as much detail as you can. Thank you.

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 82 of 388 (1,489 Views)

Re: Laundry not working after Sep 3 update

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SimQARoboI am sending my save file with the washer and dryer problem. I left the clothes inside the machine, to see the bug just take the clothes that are in the machine and move them to the dryer, the drying option does not appear and when you take the clothes out of the dryer to notice that they are dirty, there is no the option to store it, just drop it on the floor and take it back to the basket or to the machine.

I don't know if it is relevant but in this same save you find two more bugs, the full trash bin (next to the entrance door), and the knocked down plants (some of them), also notice that a small cow plant in the lot with interactions of the already grown and the “bizarre” plant (StrangerVille) that doesn't grow. These problems started as soon as the ECO was launched and I installed it. PS: I was instructed by SimGuruSalo to post here and share my save file. My Twitter username is Jessicamp1979.

My save file:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjyzzJ-iQ6gdiRtvM3peZB898zU6?e=INAZPu

Tank you. Ihope this help a lot.

PS: I have all object packs, game packs, all expansions, except Star Wars.

Message 83 of 388 (1,473 Views)

★★ Guide

@JessicaMP2004  , yes it helps but 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is. Wink

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
Steps: 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Message 84 of 388 (1,461 Views)

★★ Pro
@LisaLadybirD82 kinda ironic that the game freezing which resulted in my game reverting back to a save 2 sim days earlier fixed the bug because it was before the bug occurred.. I'll fill out the form if it happens again and if I'm able to isolate the incident that triggered it. Too tired of bugs to use my mod-free bug-testing save :/
Message 85 of 388 (1,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@LisaLadybirD82

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC/Windows 10
Which language are you playing the game in? Portuguese - Brazil
Always, since update 06/03/2020
All, except Star Wars
Steps: Just wash the clothes for a period of play, after which the machine and dryer stop working, making it impossible to wash the clothes. It would be interesting to investigate everything that adds the clothes, being, the clothes, baskets, washing machines, dryers, everything that involves the cleaning of the clothes.
It is not possible to wash the clothes, as soon as they are placed in the machine, the washing option does not appear, it seems that they are dry and clean, and when you put them in the dryer you only have the option of taking them to the machine or loosening clothes, when you release the clothes. clothes on the floor it is noticeable that they are dirty, this generates a loop to put in the machine and take the dryer, and then back to that, take the machine and take the dryer infinitely.
My sims wearing clean and not soiled clothes. That was hilarious, but I would like to see the clothes come out wet and clean from the machine, and dry and clean from the dryer, my sims happy to be wearing clean clothes.
Yes and no.
Yes, as I always play with CC’s and mods.
And no, when an update or new package comes out I always play for a while without mods and CC’s, renaming my The Sims folder and creating a new one is always the first step before any update or installation of any new package.
When I realize that the game is giving a small bug the first thing I do is to create a copy of my save game, remove the mods folder and play again without the mods and CC’s.
Yes
After patch 06/03/2020 and ECO.

If you need anything else, I’m available to help with whatever you need. I play a lot and the bugs appear quickly in my game. Photos, Videos I have everything registered.

Message 86 of 388 (1,408 Views)

★★ Guide

@JessicaMP2004  well done. 

Thank you , it helps us all Wink

Message 87 of 388 (1,402 Views)

★★ Guide
@LisaLadybirD82 You're welcome.
I hope this helps a lot. ;-)
Message 88 of 388 (1,401 Views)

laundry day doesn't work since 1.67.45.1020 update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? laundry day, get to work, get together, seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? clothes on hamper>click on hamper and try to do laundry with a house that has a washing machine and dryer seperatly. Disabled all mods before and still no fix
What happens when the bug occurs? all the time, even without mods
What do you expect to see? laundry working normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

ever since the newest update, laundry interactions do not work. My sim just drops the clothes on the floor, even without mods

Message 89 of 388 (1,317 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current update
Cats and Dogs, Eco Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Parenthood, Strangerville, Vampires, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Moschino Stuff, and Toddler Stuff

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim try to do laundry
What happens when the bug occurs? I take laundry out of the hamper or off the ground to put in the washer. There is no option to wash it, only "Move to Dryer" "set down" "hang on clothes line" putting it in the dryer only gives me the option to take it out and set down. It says "Clean and Dry" when its in the washer and dryer, and "filthy and dry" when you take it out of the washer or dryer. Setting it on the ground and then using the clothes line works but I only got the clothes line because I was able to wash but not dry before. I cant do either of them now.
What do you expect to see? Options to wash, dry, and put away laundry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made. Started after June update, I think with eco livings release

Message 90 of 388 (1,279 Views)