Laundry Day Dryer Glitch

by Insta_Buzz

Original Post

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★★ Guide

This was the one stuff pack that I was OVERLY excited about (Who'd have thought one can get so excited over washing dirty clothes!?)
And it's not useable now.....
I am erked....Teeth bared

Message 21 of 388 (5,302 Views)

Dryer Won't Dry

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP05:1.assets.live-sp05.154
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Strangerville, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to dry clothes.
What happens when the bug occurs? I take clean, wet clothes out of the washer and move them to the dryer. When clicking on the dryer, "dry" is not an option. The only option that comes up is to "Unload & Set Laundry Down" and when I hover over that, it says the load is "Clean/Dry & Warm". When I unload the clothes, they are dripping wet. I can put them in a pile on the floor but I can't put them away and I can't put them back in the washer because it says they are clean. I can pick the pile up off the floor and put it in the hamper but they are still "clean" in the hamper so I can't do anything with them. I sold my hamper and my dryer and bought new ones. The same thing happened again.
What do you expect to see? "Dry" as an option when dripping wet clothes are put into the dryer. And if the dryer thinks the clothes are clean and dry, I should be able to put them away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since I play on a console, I don't have screenshots.

Message 22 of 388 (5,297 Views)

Re: Dryer Won't Dry

Hero
@mklose3243 Merging this with the current washing/drying issues thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 388 (5,272 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict This has been happening to me too. I don't have Eco, I'm playing in Willow Creek, and I don't play off-grid. Hope this gets fixed soon! Thanks!
Message 24 of 388 (5,222 Views)

★ Guide

I am having the same problem... cannot dry clothes. The dryer says they are ready to put away but once the Sims take them they are still wet. The only option available is t odrop them on the floor or get them to a hamp. Only solution is to go in Build mode, destroy the current dryer and buy/upgrade a new one.

This happened to me multiple times in different households, with all DLCs available. Households in SM, Sulani and Brindleton. In all cases, washer and dryer are one on top of the other, different colors. In all cases the dryer had the lint upgrade, but was not necessarily fully upgraded. Hard to replicate tho.

Message 25 of 388 (5,184 Views)

Laundry Day Dryer Glitch

★★★ Apprentice

My sim moves clothes from the washer to the dryer. But there is no option to start the dryer, it says the clothes are Pristine cleanliness and that they are dry and warm. Without ever running a cycle. But when I remove them from the dryer they are dripping wet, and my only option is to put them back in the dryer. But then the game tells me they are warm and dry and there is still no option to start the dryer.

Message 26 of 388 (5,164 Views)
Highlighted

Laundry Day Dryer Glitch

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP09: 1.assets.live-sp09.163
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do laundry. Glitch occurs when wet clothes are put in the dryer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wet clothes are put in the dryer, and there is no option to start the dryer. The dryer says clothes are "Dry and Warm" without even turning it on. Only option is to take the clothes out. But clothes are dripping soaking wet when they come out of the dryer, and the only option is to put them back in the dryer. Put them back in and still no option to start the dryer.
What do you expect to see? Dryer to dry my clothes. It always registers clothes as "Dry and Warm" so it never has an option to be turned on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Wet clothes cannot be dried. Dryer registers all clothes as Dry and Warm, so it never lets me turn it on. Clothes stay wet forever.

Message 27 of 388 (5,183 Views)

Re: Laundry Day Dryer Glitch

Hero
@Insta_Buzz Merging this with the current thread on inability to wash and dry cloth.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 388 (5,148 Views)

Re: Laundry Day Dryer Glitch

★★ Guide

In a call now with EA... Will update this as they tell me things to try, so as you guys can mark off what you can do too to get this resolved...Fingers crossed

"More people need to post the problem to raise awareness. The more posts = more awareness!

Disappointed

Message 29 of 388 (5,069 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★ Apprentice
@LisaLadybirD82 same here. But for me it's just one household, and I have two. I'm guessing it's the texture, but I highly doubt it until I test it with the broken washer
Message 30 of 388 (5,012 Views)