Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JTB] Top-notch Trickery: ID Card vanishes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31.106.2300 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, eco pack, vampire pack, realm of magic pack and star wars pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I do the mission in bakuu for the resistance called top-notch trickery, I get the uniform and the officer id but when I travel to the first order district to get the plans the id card vanishes and I can not get through the door. I've done it so many times when I travel home I have 10 id cards
What happens when the bug occurs? Can not complete the mission.
What do you expect to see? I would like the mission to work so I can progress with the resistance
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just want to play the missions

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 114 (14,996 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim 4, Batuu ID disappears glitch

Hero

In Journey to Batuu, the First Order ID no longer disappears from inventory so Sims now
can Access First Order Plans for the Top Notch Trickery Mission.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 114 of 114 (3,943 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SW] ID Card vanishes on travelling to first order district

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hellswomble I've adjusted the title a bit so the ID disappearing is in the title but to be sure, do you only have that issue with doing that mission ?

I'm not that far yet but someone else reported IDs disappearing when placed on surfaces.

For everyone clicking just me too, for the moment it's important to know if it's just console or also PC. So if you're on PC or Mac, please post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 114 (14,787 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah it's only in that mission, I can travel to the first order district and put on the uniform but the id vanishes everytime I travel to the first order district, this is on Xbox one.

When I travel home I have 10 IDs in my inventory because I have tried so many times. I even made it a favourite but it still disappears.

Message 3 of 114 (14,782 Views)

Top Notch Trickery Mission in Batuu gets stuck, can't progress

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs EXCEPT Eco Living and Cats & Dogs. I have the Batuu, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood and Outdoor Living game packs. I also have the Tiny Living and Backyard stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am level 5 Resistance. When trying to complete the "Top Notch Trickery" mission, my Sim is able to get the uniform and the ID Card but is unable to access the room with the Holo Table. They can't walk into the room and any attempt to interact with the door either shocks the Sim or gets them accosted by a First Order officer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Either the ID disappears from the inventory, or the Sim gets shocked. The only mod I have is MCCC, I get the same result whether I play with the mod installed or not.
What do you expect to see? To progress through the mission and move on. It seems like this mission is necessary to progress the storyline.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The only action available at the door is to try and splice it with a data spike, this results in the Sim getting shocked.

Message 4 of 114 (14,767 Views)

Re: Top Notch Trickery Mission in Batuu gets stuck, can't progress

Hero
@Ashmantious Merged your thread with existing report on the mission

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 114 (14,759 Views)

★ Novice

How did you get the uniform? 

Message 6 of 114 (14,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you have to interact with an officer, i seduced one to get the uniform

Message 7 of 114 (14,398 Views)

Batuu Mission Bug?

★★★ Novice

So I've been playing through the story for the Resistance faction and I've hit a snag and have no clue what to do. I'm on the mission titled "Top-Notch Trickery" which requires you to obtain a First Order Officer Uniform and ID Card.

The issue that I am having lies in the ID Card. I'll go to Black Spire and buy the card from the shop but when I travel out of the area the ID Card disappears out of my inventory, and the same happens when I buy the card from the Resistance Holotable. Since the card keeps disappearing, I am stuck and can not progress through the mission.

Am I the only person having this issue?

Message 8 of 114 (14,271 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Same problem, if i travel the id is lost

Xbox one

Message 9 of 114 (14,251 Views)

Re: Batuu Mission Bug?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Xenton05 Yes, there appears to be a bug with that. I merged your post with the bug report. What platform are you on ?

EDIT

Finally got the mission myself and not having any troubles with that. I do think you need enough programming skill to not get shocked. I got my ID card by playing sabacc so maybe there's a difference there.

In my inventory it's among all the other IDs (so not separate) and it doesn't get lost.

Really wonder if it's a console only issue. The mac report might be due to not high enough skills.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 114 (14,213 Views)