by partybots

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [JTB] Risks and Rewards: Scoundrel Contact will not spawn

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but luxury party stuff, spooky stuff, backyard stuff, bowling night stuff, fitness stuff, and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to Batuu and start the mission “Risks and Rewards,” then try to find the Scoundrel Contact.
What happens when the bug occurs? Scoundrel Contact does not spawn in Oga’s Cantina
What do you expect to see? Scoundrel Contact should eventually spawn so I can talk to them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’ve tried sending my sim back home and coming back, and restarting my game. I can’t move forward with the story at all. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 7 (4,904 Views)

Re: Scoundrel Contact will not spawn

Hero
@partybots Did you also try canceling the mission and re-take it ?

Did you check all of them ? Sometimes the labels are missing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (4,854 Views)

Hero
@partybots Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (4,434 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem and found this report.

After canceling the mission, I retook it and it worked.

Message 4 of 7 (4,403 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Risks and Rewards: Scoundrel Contact will not spawn

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 7 (3,941 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Risks and Rewards: Scoundrel Contact will not spawn

Message 6 of 7 (3,347 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [JTB] Risks and Rewards: Scoundrel Contact will not spawn

★★★ Newbie

I just bought this because I was still enjoying sims 3 and waiting for sales. For me what fixed it was setting an outfit. I skipped the first missions because I wanted to jump into the action. Once I planned a batuu outfit at the building you sleep and clean up at south of the bar my contact started showing up and every mission after was unbugged. I hope this helps someone else who has bugged missions.

Message 7 of 7 (1,287 Views)