by mariahkalie1022

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [JTB] Resistance Mission: Password from comm tower missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to Work, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood,Vampires, Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Knifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My first pet, Laundry Day, Toddlers, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure you can find it cause i've been all over the net and i couldn't find ANYONE who had the same problem as me. But when my sims tries to complete the second mission for the resistance it always fails. I tried so many times but every time i've hacked the control tower successfully instead of giving me the option to get the passwords it only gives me the option to practice hacking skill.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm not able to get the passwords so i can't get my next mission
What do you expect to see? I would like to see the option where i hack and get the passwords.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure you can find it cause i've been all over the net and i couldn't find ANYONE who had the same problem as me. But when my sims tries to complete the second mission for the resistance it always fails. I tried so many times but every time i've hacked the control tower successfully instead of giving me the option to get the passwords it only gives me the option to practice hacking skill. I tried other towers to see if this control tower i was used to hack was the only one that was broke. Apparently all control towers is broke, i even tried to reset the item by using "reset object (debug)". I've been repairing my game five times now. Sorry to interrupt, have a nice day Standard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to fit, Added Tag

Message 1 of 19 (6,275 Views)

Unable to Obtain Comm Tower Access Codes (Journey to Batuu)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When doing the second mission for the resistance in Batuu, I analyze the control panels in the first order district. Once I get the green thumbs up, I click it and my sim begins the action. When she finishes, she celebrates because she is seemingly successful. Now, when I click on the control panel it only says "practice slicing" instead of "obtain comm tower codes". I am unable to advance in the mission or the story line.
What happens when the bug occurs? When doing the second mission for the resistance in Batuu, I analyze the control panels in the first order district. Once I get the green thumbs up, I click it and my sim begins the action. When she finishes, she celebrates because she is seemingly successful. Now, when I click on the control panel it only says "practice slicing" instead of "obtain comm tower codes". I am unable to advance in the mission or the story line.
What do you expect to see? I expect that I should be able to get the comm tower codes and turn my mission in so I can start the next one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried restarting my computer, I've tried verifying the game files, I have tried disabling mods and none of this has worked. I am completely stuck. 

Message 2 of 19 (6,206 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Journey to Batuu

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same issue! Literally stuck in the exact same spot.

Message 3 of 19 (6,180 Views)

Hero
@RBLamberth @mariahkalie1022

Are you guys trying the actual comm tower or something else ?

There's a pic here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Comm-Tower-in-Batuu-Can-t-Find-it-At-All/m-p/9...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (6,161 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I am at the actual Comm and am having the same issues.

Message 5 of 19 (6,027 Views)

Hero
@bethkozlowski Are you using any mods in your game ?

Could you post a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (5,874 Views)

Cannot Access Data in Comm Tower

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except dine out and realm of magic, all stuff packs except luxury party, spooky, kitchen, my first pet, and fitness.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join resistance. Attempt multiple missions slicing into and accessing the First Order Comm Tower data. After first time (which was successful), I can no longer access the data after successfully slicing into the comm tower. The option is grayed out and the only option is to practice slicing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim successfully slices into tower, but then does not have option to access the data.
What do you expect to see? To be able to click access data and complete my mission.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Journey to Batuu.

The only mod I had installed was Simvasion's fix for the movies bug.  I've attached a screen shot of the option I get immediately after successfully slicing into the comm tower.

Message 7 of 19 (5,780 Views)

Re: Cannot Access Data in Comm Tower

Hero
@DaniCo216 Could you remove all mods to make sure it's not that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (5,774 Views)

Re: [JTB] Resistance Mission: Option to get password from comm tower missing

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem! I've tried restarting the game a few times, resetting the comm tower, and removing all mods but nothing has worked. 

Whenever I try to scramble the first order traffic monitoring system it shows up when I click on the tower but it fails 100% of the time. When I try slicing into it first the option goes away and just shows practice slicing and skim. 

I don't know what else to do and I don't want to have to scrap the game and start over. 

Message 9 of 19 (5,661 Views)

Re: [JTB] Resistance Mission: Option to get password from comm tower missing

★★★ Newbie

Make sure you have a dataspike in your inventory or it won't give you the options.

You can get a dataspike from the smuggler contact in Olga's for free.

Message 10 of 19 (5,522 Views)