Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Not able to Acquire a Dataspike from Scoundrel Contact

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Not able to Acquire a Dataspike from Scoundrel Contact

Champion (Retired)

@tjtank1 

You must have missed the explanation I gave on how to recognize the contact. Perhaps read a little longer than just the first line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 17 (2,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem!! I finally found the contact, but no matter what I do there's no option for anything related to a Dataspike. I've reset her and Hondo and my sim a dozen times, restarted the game twice. 

The wording of the mission is to "Aquire a Dataspike" but there's no option for it at all. I tried buying one from Hondo (didn't work), going ahead to do the other tasks (the other two I can do before completing), but neither of those things helped. 

I have mods downloaded but they're uninstalled in this game atm. 

Edit: I deleted the mission, did a smuggler mission, and then came back to try it again. The NPC who was marked as the "Scoundrel Contact" lost the distinction after the mission was deleted, but stuck around the cantina and reprised her role when I got the mission back from the Resistance, and since she was still there, I didn't have to wait for her to show up. She immediately had the correct dialogue option. 

Message 12 of 17 (2,286 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had the same problem yesterday, however, I found a temporary solution. If you go buy one from the Antiquities store, you can complete the other three tasks in the mission and turn it in WITHOUT completing the first task in the mission. In other words, you don't need to even talk to the Scoundrel Contact.

Message 13 of 17 (2,206 Views)

★ Novice

No joke, I've been doing the Resistance Mission and I couldn't find this stupid 'Scoundrel Contact' anywhere for DAYS. I finally saw a comment saying to reset the character 'Hondo Ohnaka'. So I went into my game and reset that character in the game and waited for the contact and she FINALLY CAME INTO THE BAR. Only took a quick reset and a few in-game minutes before she walked in and I could complete the mission. 

Message 14 of 17 (1,844 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still having issues with this, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 17 (1,782 Views)

★ Guide

I encountered this issue while playing today. I DID talk to the Scoundrel Contact but no option was available. I already had a dataspike in my inventory through other gameplay and completed the other tasks so I just tried to turn it in as @SailorCeti suggested. It worked! Thank you for the work around.

Message 16 of 17 (1,351 Views)

★ Guide

You should read what the problem really is. The problem is the person you are talking about never populates. My issue is I am in the second mission for resistance and my sim got the dataspike on the first but because he got electrocuted I need a new one and no matter what I do I can’t get it. So as much as your advice is accurate, it doesn’t apply to the issue everyone is having. I seen the contact in first mission but I need another data spike

Message 17 of 17 (1,249 Views)