[FIXED] [JTB] Missions don't get credited

by KristenLDD

Original Post

Re: Game Won't Complete Mission After Tasks are Complete

★★★★ Novice

I just picked up Batuu since it was on sale. 

My heavy weight (skill wise) sim went to Batuu and was completing the tasks but it was getting stuck. Literally 100% what everyone else here said.

my sim does not have the problematic degree but he does have the problematic business trait.

I tried removing the trait, having him go back home, returning but no luck still.

I sent his wife to Batuu (alone) and she’s fine.

very frustrating after having just spent $15 of my hard earned money

Message 71 of 204 (1,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@bee144, unfortunately removing the trigger after the bug has appeared isn't going to clear it. You have to remove the trait before the bug occurs.

I am not aware of any ways that can clear the bug after it popped up.

For now the only thing that can be done is to load a previous save (if you have any).

I am posting a possible workaround separately, so watch this thread.

Message 72 of 204 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hoped to find something more useful, but didn't...

Currently, for those stuck with an incomplete mission, the only thing to do is:

0) Save a COPY of your game, just to be safe!
1) Load an older save before the bug or simply cancel the mission.

2) Then, temporarily remove the problematic trigger (Business Savvy trait, Fine Arts degree, etc...).

3) Play through the missions.

4) Return the traits you removed.

Drawbacks:

1) If you had to cancel the mission, you will not get credited  and you may not be able to return to that mission with that particular Sim. (They seem to be sequential)

2) No guarantees that this won't trigger other problems with the missions up ahead.

3) Removing and reinstating traits and degrees might have unforeseen effects. (Given I was unable to reproduce the bug with Ancient Bloodline, for example)

At the moment, I will probably put Batuu aside for the time being.

I might still try with Occult Sims and Mermaids, to see if  I can get them to trigger the bug.

But because I was unable to reproduce the bug with Ancient Bloodline, I suspect that there might be multiple factors triggering this, and that's impossible to cover methodically (unless you actually debug the game).

I'll check in to see if new reports contain something tangible to inspect.

[I did discover something tiny that might be related to the bug in the code. Something about a "mission trait" that's added for a mission and removed when it's complete. But then again, could be nothing.]

Message 73 of 204 (1,358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, this is a pretty large bug that makes the entire Batuu unplayable. I've come to terms that I just need to focus on other things and hope this makes the next patch.

Message 74 of 204 (1,337 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I did some more testing on my Sim Spellcaster. I tried making him human again before asking for missions from the Resistance, but was unsuccessful because immediately afterwards I tried to tackle one, it didn't complete. At that point I compared the trait panels between my Spellcaster Sim and my Mermaid Sim, isolating the traits that only my Spellcaster possessed and they are as follows:

Loner

Genius

Loves Outdoors

Expressionistic

Hero Of Stranger Ville

Mentally Gifted

Piper

Independent

Mentally Gifted

Good Manners

Emotional Control

Anglers Tranquility

Slinger of Spells

Master Mixer

Quick Learner

I have not yet tried to eliminate the traits one by one to check which one could be responsible for the bug, but if you want to compare among your Sims (those affected by the bug) if there is someone who has even only one of the traits that I wrote above, we could narrow it down. @MetaSuperficial  @KristenLDD  @Why_Bunny 

Message 75 of 204 (1,363 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@GiardiniDiMarzo My sim does have the genius trait, but my earlier sim does not. I have all of those on your list expect for the any related to being a spellcaster (slinger of spells).
Message 76 of 204 (1,353 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@GiardiniDiMarzo, I tried modifying a Sim to become a Spellcaster with all the traits you listed. No dice.

It could be specific Spellcaster perks, or careers, or some obscure variable that we can't access as players.

Sadly, even if you manage to find it by removing traits, it is possible that others won't able to reproduce this.

Your list did reveal that there were traits I didn't cover in my previous test, which is no surprise. It's hard to find comprehensive traits [cheats] lists that include them all in one place.

Message 77 of 204 (1,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I would really love to get someone from the EA team to actually debug this as we can write tons of pages from gameplay perspective, but it is EA's job to actually troubleshoot and narrow it down to fix their product which was marketed so heavily. There are several options listed in this topic for them to check and it would be great to see what is happening on code level or at least give us a hint how to enable that debugging to provide a proper game error to report.

We have stuck missions, we have credits lost, we have failing shops in Batuu ... there are so many bugs I could name the pack 'Journey to Bugtuu'

Message 78 of 204 (1,306 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Missions don't get credited

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 79 of 204 (1,275 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Missions don't get credited

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNick, I'll deliver examples later today.

However, I should point out that those will only show what's already been diagnosed:

1) Fine Arts degree (any of the 4 variations) and Business Savvy trait, both trigger the bug (independently).
2) Once the bug triggered for one Sim, other Sims, who don't have triggers, will get it too, if an already triggered Sim is with them on location.
3) After the bug triggered, traveling to a different location (for any of the Sims on vacation) will cause all existing credits to be lost.

I believe these can be easily reproduced in a brand new game, with Sims that have no other specific traits, skills or completed aspirations. (I was able to reproduce them this way)

Also, I played JTB for the first time when I encountered the bug, so some of the others Simmers may be able to supply saves with more complex situations.

Some have encountered the bug without either of those two, and we have not been able to track down the cause or otherwise reproduce the bug under similar conditions (specific traits, skills, etc...).

@KristenLDD@niamaimezaadi, @lcomp12, and anyone else who didn't get it from Fine Arts or Business Savvy specifically, can you deliver save files to Nick?

Message 80 of 204 (1,253 Views)