[FIXED] [JTB] Missions don't get credited

by KristenLDD

Original Post

Re: Game Won't Complete Mission After Tasks are Complete

★★★ Novice

@MetaSuperficial  The Sim had visited once previously and done the introductory quest before this time.

Message 61 of 204 (909 Views)

★ Guide
@MetaSuperficial No on Ancient Bloodline on both my Sims having issues. One has Business Savvy with the Distinguished Drama and Mixology Certification. The other has a Distinguished Physics Degree but not Business Savvy. I feel like the trigger is hidden in the last patch as that was the day more than one thing stopped working for me. Thanks for testing! 😊👍
Message 62 of 204 (887 Views)

★ Guide
@MetaSuperficial Re leaving Batuu mid aspiration and mid mission, my two Sims only went on their days off for a few Sim years and never lost progress in either.
Message 63 of 204 (1,020 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Why_Bunny, while I was pretty sure that the aspiration progress would be kept when leaving Batuu (as is with other aspirations), I wasn't certain what happens when leaving mid-mission, so it's good to know. (Didn't bother checking that, as I am mostly focused on the bug)

Message 64 of 204 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

While it's a bit hard for me to get a full picture about the unique situations each of you have with the bug, it did provide a clue that raised my suspicion.

While I was focusing on testing one Sim at a time, some of you are taking two or more together (from the same household).

I was just able to confirm that once a Sim triggers the bug (I used Business Savvy to test), other Sims on the same vacation that don't have a trigger can't complete missions either.

You must actively trigger the bug by trying to complete a mission with the triggered Sim first - just having the trigger (trait in this case) does nothing.

Since ending the vaction keeps mission progress (thanks for the tip, @Why_Bunny), the mission panel stays stuck when Sims go back home.

I haven't tested all possible scenarios with this, but this likely explains why some of you get the bug for Sims that don't have Business Savvy or Fine Arts degree.

Message 65 of 204 (995 Views)

★ Guide
@MetaSuperficial That makes sense since it was my Fine Arts Business Savvy who first discovered the glitch then her partner was next. Hopefully the whole Batuu experience will be fixed when the Droid Depot error is resolved. Thanks for all your testing.
Message 66 of 204 (982 Views)

Re: batuu patrol

★★ Novice

I got a problem when doing the mission. Every mission I took just won't finish. I did all the requirements but the mission still there and i can't get a new one.

Message 67 of 204 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@MetaSuperficialI HAVE NEWS! I actually always went to Batuu with two Sims, so this time I tried to separate them. When I went there with just the Spellcaster, I couldn't complete the mission for the Scoundrels. However, when I went with the Mermaid, I was able to complete the mission for the Resistance without any problems, increased my level, and even got the expected credits.
The images are about all the traits possessed by my mermaid Sim and the Degrees he has earned. I have now created a new save file where I want to continue with the Mermaid Sim and see how far I can go. I will try again with the Spellcaster Sim as well, (maybe try a mission for the Resistance), but I think the problem lies in its occult type. @Why_Bunny @crinrict @KristenLDD @niamaimezaadi 

Message 68 of 204 (971 Views)

Re: batuu patrol

★★★★★ Expert
@yamato2191 It's a known bug. Read this thread in the Bug Section and click the "Me too" button in the first post.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-JTB-Missions-don-t-get-credited/m-p/10381143#M183739
Message 69 of 204 (919 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@GiardiniDiMarzo Alright! E are figuring more out! Both of my Sims are vampires. Although my first one that was able to play with successfully in the past was also a vampire at that time (both have been since birth). The npc I moved in briefly and was able to successfully complete JTB missions and earn credits did not have any occult powers. They also hardly had any skills. I always send my sims alone on that vacation, although I did try sending them once together without success.
Message 70 of 204 (961 Views)