Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [JTB] Missions don't get credited

by elelunicy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Also having this issue. Started a new household and sent both my sims to Batuu. I was able to do the full First Order line with one of them before I started the Resistance with my other sim. Sim 2 has the Fine Arts degree and is a spellcaster, so it just broke on me. Was hoping to do this with both my sims before moving on to work with Cottage Living, but I guess I'll pause it for now and hope when this is fixed I'll be able to continue. Will look at sending a savefile if you're still looking for them?

Message 111 of 204 (1,320 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@NimuehNeith They're always searching for Savefiles, the more we send them the better the chances are to fix this problem.
Message 112 of 204 (1,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've had this problem too with my Super Sim in progress.  I've sent in my save file.  It was hard to track it down as I had a whole lot of save files, but I found it.  I hope it helps.  I was really excited to do the Batuu stuff, but I'll just have to be patient and wait.  I'm glad there are lots of other things to do in the game in the meantime.

Message 113 of 204 (1,279 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue too and it's been driving me insane for a few weeks! I have a SuperSim and no matter what I do I can't do anything in Batuu. The missions off the resistance get marked as completed yet I get no credits, no progression and no completion. Very perplexing!

Message 114 of 204 (1,266 Views)

Re: Game Won't Complete Mission After Tasks are Complete

★★★ Apprentice

Today Origin decided (against my wish) that I need to have JTB installed again. So after a month of enjoyable bug-free game with 100% new sims and lots and everything I hit the bug again.

Another legacy family ruined.

Another save file available. DM sent to SimGuruNick.

Message 115 of 204 (1,245 Views)

star ways can not completing the task

★★★ Newbie

Product: 模擬人生 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 雪國勝地,都會生活,貓狗總動員, 星夢起飛,島嶼生活,玩轉大學,綠色生活, star ways Journey to batuu , realm of magic , jungle adventure , vampires , outdoor retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When completing the task
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't complete the task to next step
What do you expect to see? can complete the task
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Can't complete the task

Message 116 of 204 (1,165 Views)

Re: Game Won't Complete Mission After Tasks are Complete

★★ Novice

I started a new game for Cottage Living.  No mods enabled, folder gone.  Created a new sim for it too.  Had no money to begin with and did some freelance gigs for some quick cash (not sure if that plays into it at all). After experiencing the new animals and neighborhoods I sent my sim to university to get a degree.  He graduated with honors, got a job, worked for a while, decided to take him on a vacation to Batuu, where he was able to complete the first mission of getting acquainted with the first area and then talked to the three sims about first order, resistance, and scoundrels; which he got credit for talking to them, but then did not get a mission complete and the galactic credits.

It seems to be something about having attended university that's making it impossible for these missions/gigs to complete.

Message 117 of 204 (1,157 Views)

Re: star ways can not completing the task

Hero
@chung9898 I merged your thread with the main thread on this

Could you send your save game to EA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 204 (1,139 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This bug occurs to Sims with the following traits:

<T n="trait">27082<!--Trait: trait_Business_Savvy-->
<T n="trait">196731<!--Trait: trait_Hidden_CareerPayBoosts_2x-->
<T n="trait">218178<!--Trait: trait_University_FineArtDegreeBS-->
<T n="trait">218176<!--Trait: trait_University_FineArtDegreeBA-->
<T n="trait">218179<!--Trait: trait_University_FineArtDegreeBSHonors-->
<T n="trait">218177<!--Trait: trait_University_FineArtDegreeBAHonors-->
<T n="trait">234944<!--Trait: trait_CivicPolicy_ModernPolicy--></T>

All of these are defined as simolean_trait_bonus for the Batuu career.

The problem is that the careers.career_base.CareerBase._get_simolean_trait_bonus_pay method returns a float. Because Galatic Credits are a Buck, not Simoleon, the game uses the bucks.bucks_tracker.BucksTrackerBase.try_modify_bucks to add Galatic Credits when completing Batuu mission, which makes the bucks amount now a float. However, there are methods in bucks tracker (save_data for example) that only expect the bucks amount to be int or long, and will throw an error now that the bucks amount is a float.

A simple way to fix this would make the _get_simolean_trait_bonus_pay to always return an int instead.

Message 119 of 204 (1,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@elelunicy oh hell yeah man, I used "traits.remove_trait" on each of the perks you listed and then went to batuu and it worked.

Message 120 of 204 (1,095 Views)