by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [JTB] Game freezing up in Batuu

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a family of two visiting Batuu. If I have one sim perform an action while the other stands still, there is no problem. If I try to keep both of them active the game stops.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes up totally and does not allow me to perform any action. I have tried pressing ctrl, alt, delete, I select the task manager, and the next thing I see is my frozen game screen. I have tried waiting for the game to correct itself and ended up hard stopping my pc twice just to get out of the game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play both members of my sim family at the same time without interruption.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the Star Wars game pack.

I have a family of two visiting Batuu. If I have one sim perform an action while the other stands still, there is no problem. If I try to keep both of them active at the same time, the game stops.  The game freezes up totally and does not allow me to perform any action. I have tried pressing ctrl, alt, delete, I select the task manager, and the next thing I see is my frozen game screen. I have tried waiting for the game to correct itself and ended up hard stopping my pc twice just to get out of the game. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (889 Views)

Re: game freezing up after star wars game pack download

[ Edited ]
Hero

@corgisim Does it matter what you do ? There's a known issue with freshen up.

I've taken multiple Sims to Batuu and no issue occurred so could you also test another save game/another household to see if the same issue occurs. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (848 Views)

Hero
@corgisim are you still having issues with this ? Please see my post above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (752 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue on ps4. When I take a family and one of them goes to “freshen up” and the other one f ex to buy food at docking bay 7 the game freezes completely. 

Message 4 of 6 (727 Views)

Hero
@mirrahamelia Please use this thread for the freshen up: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-SW-Game-crash-when-Freshen-up-at-the-Dweling/m-p/9...

For the food: Does that happen for every SIm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (724 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

We would like to collect saves that have this issue. 

If you are still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (659 Views)