[FIXED] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★ Novice

It was while I was playing the same one. I have another household who went to the flea market and they had no issues through weeks of play before or after and even now. That is why at first I felt it had something to do with the science career or the aspiration I picked as a collector. 

Message 41 of 193 (1,908 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi there, this sadly happened to me too. One sim went to work first, then another went to Forgotten Grotto to fish, and when she returned from work most of her stuffs gone. I think the loading screen ate those stuffs D:

p/s: the one went to work is a scientist

Message 42 of 193 (1,887 Views)

Hero

Hi @misazuki

could you try the automatic backups to see if any of those are still fine and then try if you can re-create the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 193 (1,885 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have similar issue with my game (no modifications, only GTW extension pack).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Collect produces with one sim (Barbara).

2. Travel with other sim (Róża) (to owned business) with sim (Barbara) having produce stay on main parcel.

3. Go back after opening/closing business.

4. Check sim (Barbara) inventory - all produce is missing.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qtSLFlTrKrr2aHD1uDPklzQ9w1JQ0N6Y

Please ask if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Message 44 of 193 (1,873 Views)

EA Sims Team

@sweetashny

Thank you for the save file!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 45 of 193 (1,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

this just happened to me too, i lost several hundred items, collectibles of all kinds: frogs, harvestables, metals, upgrade parts, etcs. really, hundreds, i kept everything for the shop in his inventory. i have 4 harvestables left now.

my sim is a detective and i sent him to work without joining him for the first time, and when he came back nothing.

i hadn't saved for a while so i guess i truly lost everything...

edit: it's not in the family inventory either, i checked. 

Message 46 of 193 (1,764 Views)

Hero
Going to change this to open on the next round for amount of reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 193 (1,725 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • Do you play rotationally ?
  • If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ?
  • What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ? 
  • Are you playing an kind of active career ?
  • Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ?

1. No, just the one family

2. No, see above

3. Wife went to work I followed husband to his scientist career. Wife was immediately kicked out of work. When I came home with him wife's inventory was wiped of collectibles. A few sim days later I repeated the scenario except this time there was a daughter who also went to school. Both the child and wife were again immediately returned back home from work/school as soon as I travelled away from the home lot. When I returned home with the scientist sim both wife and child had had their inventories wiped.

4. Scientist, see above.

5. Collectibles.

I think this is linked to another bug where when you travel all other sims return to the home lot whether they were at work or a school. This bug only occurs for me when their is a toddler or child in the household.

Message 48 of 193 (1,685 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Had this just happen in a different save and has an added twist. 

Questions

• Do you play rotationally? Yes, i downloaded Jenba's save and have been making my way through the families. Currently, I'm in the Koehler household. Standard smile
  • If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family? no flea market happening in this hh, but other hh's have visited.
  • What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing? 2nd day, kids were missing homework when dad came home from work and I became suspicious. 
  • Are you playing any kind of active career? Scientist
  • Which items (type) do go missing? Only collectibles or other stuff? anything from the 2 girls' inventories goes "poof" (ex. homework, the excellence bunny award) Not sure if dad's items have gone missing yet, but something else happened with him. Upon arriving home from work, I get the pop-up about item(s) being removed...1 build item removed, I think. (Not sure what as there's no cc in this build and I didn't notice anything removed) When I opened up his inventory, all the items were doubled and could not be removed even when taken out. :/ Exited, deleted the cache. Loading up again, I think that cleared up the duplicates. IDK about the rest of the problem, though. Hmm. Back to exploring.

Message 49 of 193 (1,579 Views)

Hero

Hi @bookmaster325

would you be willing to share your save with QA ? that would help a lot

Info here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 193 (1,540 Views)