Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero

Hi @Kathykins

would you also be willing to share your save with QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 193 (2,274 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict I'm sorry, I didn't see your reply until now! What files would they need? I've currently removed all but one of my saves due to installing a new SSD.

I don't know if the issue still remains, because I've been playing a test save the last couple of days (also had the Detective quit his job, so no sims with active careers at the moment). As far as I've noticed, all collectables from fishing, harvesting and digging (3 trips to Granite Falls included) have remained intact in their inventories. They have also not had many upgrade parts or other items worth mentioning.

Message 22 of 193 (2,250 Views)

Hero

I'd say: Play on and if you encounter it again, save the game under a new name and then restart the usual game without saving to see if you can duplicate.

If you can, send them the save right before it happened so they can best duplicate.

No saves needed if you can't see it anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 193 (2,246 Views)

★★★ Guide
Thank you, crinrict. I will do some testing on a copy save. I will have my sim back in active career also, because I'm curious to see if that is the cause, or at least a contributor.
Message 24 of 193 (2,237 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi!
I have the same issue. The cause for me are not the active careers. I have a family of 4, If one of them travels anywhere and leaves the others home while they are working or in school and he/she doesn't return before they return from work/school then the inventory of the sim, who returned home from work/school becomes totaly empty. Everything disappears (collectibles, seed packets, instruments)

Questions though (for everyone posting here)

• Do you play rotationally ?

No.

• If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ?

I don't have CL

• What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ?

I don't have OR or JA. First happened when the father went to the gym while her daughter was in school. The daughter returned home, but I was with the father in the gym, when i returned with him and wanted to make the girl wirte her homework, there was nothing in her inventory. Homework, Child violin were missing, I had to buy new ones. Second time my Teen sim visited one of her friends and left his father and brother home. The mother was at work during this. I was still away with her when the mother finished work, she got a promotion so I immediatly sent the teen home. When we arrived and I looked at the mothers personal inventory I found out that itr was empty. All her seasonal seed pacets, and element collections and violin dissappeared. This emptying happens everytime if I'm away with one of them and they arrive home before me. 

• Are you playing an kind of active career ?

No

• Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ?

Everything that can be put into the personal inventory. Collectibles, insturments, homeworks, seedpacets, garden produce, everything.
Message 25 of 193 (2,221 Views)

Hero

Hi @rdorka347

do you have a save for this right before it happens to share ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 193 (2,217 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Unfortunately no, but I try to replicate it and get back to you.

Message 27 of 193 (2,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My game has randomly deleted a number of items from my Sim's inventory also, I am fully patched and running a vanilla game The items mainly included harvestable and collectables.  Unfortunately, my last save is after the items have disappeared. I do have a Sim in an active career and this is in my other's Sim's inventory. This is the first time I have ever experienced such an event! I have all the EPs, GPs and SPs installed and I have only played this one family in this save.

Message 28 of 193 (2,199 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Hi! I'm really sorry, I can't replicate the save files, I did everything like before but now nothing disappeared. I will carry on playing and try to save more often, and if it happens again I get back to you with the save file. 

Message 29 of 193 (2,191 Views)

Hero
OK. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 193 (2,189 Views)